Pantograph question

I am the worst at pantographs. I read on the Forum (somewhere) there is a new (gizmo) devise that makes it possible to do pantos from the front of the machine. I think the price $700 area.

Does anyone have it or have you tried it. What do you think? I am going to Paducah, thought I would look it up. Thanks, Jan

Hi Janice, I am sending this on my iPad from Scotland - along ways from home. I believe what you are looking for is the bobbin cam. Ardell in Camrose uses it and Matt Sparrow in Edmonton can sell you one. They sell for around $250.00 I believe. I am sure someone with more knowledge about this will chip in soon!

Good Luck,;)

Lyn, Thanks, It is the Pantovision I have heard about. Thank you. If it is not for APQS, that is o:k. I will have money to spend on other things. I guess I should learn to work from the back of the machine.

I much prefer to do custom but sometime I need to do a nice panto. Thanks so much.

No, it does not work with the APQS systems yet. I saw it at MQX last week and tried it out. They need to make it compatible with the regulator and haven't gotten there yet. I found it a bit difficult since my hands/arms were in a different position but I expect you get use to that. If someone can demo it and do it well then with practice anyone really can? It would be worth it since you can store your pantos electronically and modify them as needed, size etc. Worthwile I would think.

Thank you so much for telling me about the Bobbincam. I am very interested in it. My dh loves to mess with new gadgets. He will love attaching it.The price is something I can afford. I knew you all would help me out. Thanks so much.

Archived