The Topper

http://www.topperquilttools.com/index.html

How many of you long arm quilters hate to quilt from behind the machine because you want to know what is going on in front? I am one of those people. I have been considering purchasing this item because you can use it from the front of the machine.

Has anyone tried this product? How easy is it to use? How easy is it to attach to the machine. Is it difficult to manuver the machine with one hand as your use the stylus with the other? Or should I just learn to quilt from the back? :)!

I heard about this product on this forum so I know some of you use it. Please give me your feedback about the product.

Thanks,

Cherlyn

Cherlyn,

I felt just like you and only wanted to be upfront to quilt custom work. I owned the Topper for several years and it is a great simple tool. You can do circles in a breeze and you can also attach some of the smaller boards to it to use for things such as cross hatching. I was a tester and now an owner of a Quiltazoid. It does more than the Topper did, such as spirograph designs. It is a wonderful tool as well. Since I had two tools I sold my Topper but if I hadn't gotten the quiltazoid I would be happy with the Topper. Linda and Denny are awesome and Denny makes a great product.

So it soundsl like I have 3 products to choose from:

The topper

Quiltizoid

Circle Lord

My My My... so many decisions. I looked at all of them. The Topper is the cheapest but it does not do as much as the others. The Quiltizoid looks good but I wish I could try them all and make a decision. I did not see a photo of the circle lord. I read somewhere on the forum that the Mili may need upgraded wheels?

How do I choose.

@Heidi your post was helpful. Denny sent me a very nice email. I agree they seem to be very nice people. Maybe he will improve his product to be more competive with the rest... just hoping.

I have both the QZ and the CL. I don't have the Topper...however, I have the cross hatching rulers and they are great!

I think the QZ and the CL are both about the same quality and both have many designs. The people who make them both are very nice and both have wonderful customer service.

My personal favorite is the CL, but it could be because I bought it first and got to know the products better and I have also interacted more with Michael & Kay.

You can't go wrong with either one. CL does offer no interest financing which was/is a big help to me. I don't know if QZ does, but I'm sure you could check into that.

I don't have a Millie, but I did not need to buy new wheels for my Liberty when I got the CL or the QZ. I doubt that you would need to do that for the Millie, either.

Archived