three busted machine wheels

Just drove all day to pick up my first longarm ,lessons learned ,my son loaded my new 2000 milli for me in the u-haul and set it inside the table part of the frame and we thought it was cradled softly but hit a giant bump in construction zone and the machine had to of bounced for three wheels to have split ,wheels on the very bottom of frame are fine but I can only pray there is no other damage ,it remained in the upright postion ,....going to get some sleep and call APQS later to order me some new wheels ,I also pray the two pieces of metal attached underneath the machine did not bend ,it looks ok ,a wonderful day turned so aweful .Hope apqs ships fast at this point .

Guest Linda S

Yep - I'd go for the M&M Wheels for sure. I've had them all. The original orange wheels (yuk!), the newer black (better!), Edgeriders (pretty good, but I think I dinged one), and M&Ms (ahhh, JUST RIGHT!). I'd say go for it. :)

Was the machine head packed securely in its shipping box? I can't see damage occuring to the wheels if it was packed in its box. Or was it not in a box? The machine head should always be transported in its shipping box.

Usually the head is upside down when you open the box. If it's upside down, the axles are always UP! :) This should be the way you transport your machine head in the future. Be very careful with it. Never set it on it's axle if its not inside the box... or mounted on carriage.

If you don't have the original shipping box, always transport it securely UPSIDE Down so the wheels and axles are pointing UP. :)

Queenie,

Just give us a call and we can get new wheels sent to you. I know you discussed the wheels with us already, so the M & M wheels would be a good choice. :)

Just want to clarify something that Shana has mentioned...

The sewing head boxes that APQS uses have special inserts inside that support the sewing head and keep it "suspended" inside the box--away from the bottom, top and sides where bangs and bumps can damage it. Shana's box may have arrived in Alaska with the box "upside down" when it was delivered, but we would really prefer that the sewing head travel upright. This keeps the weight of the machine balanced and helps protect the circuitry on the machine. Let us know if you need any help!

I requested the original shipping crate from owner I purchased from and she handed me a huge heavy cardboard box with special ends to protect front and rear but I was unfamiliar with shipping and transport ,a lesson learned I just pray with the new wheels all is fine ,the pieces that hold the wheels on the machine do not look bent ,I have it very carefully upright with supports supporting the machine waiting for everything to service it ,thanks Dawn for all your help and support .Oh one more thing terrified me ,the clear plastic stitch length meter cover was cracked ,we had it so safley covered but as I just let the shock of all of it sink in I decided just to reflect back at all the pics I had taken a month before purchase and saw it had already been cracked but I never noticed it so that in its self put a big smile on my face that it didnt take another direct hit . I am looking so forward to the new m&m wheels ,I chose this machine over another because it came loaded with thread and tons of pantos and books that I may have not ever purchased otherwise ,now if I can figure out how to post pics here I will be all set ,thanks again ,Queenie

Oh Queeny, I am sure you are just sick over this. But keep the faith, APQS will be sure to help you in any way they can. Take a deep breath. No point worrying now over how the machine was packed or not packed. What's done is done. Now just concentrate on getting everything back in order, new wheels on and you will be dancing with your machine in no time at all.

Archived