bobbin thread not pulling from machine easily

Has anyone experienced this? Tension on bobbin is loose per spider test and also towa gauge, when i place it in machine it is very tight coming up, have cleaned, adjusted etc for the last few hours and cannot figure it out. thanks for any help or suggestions out there.

Sometimes the bobbin has lints, spray it with WD, clean with q tips & I rethread all the paths, check the cone of thread if it is catching something and test on another sandwich practice before stitching on the quilt again

Corey.

Sheila, I had the same situation once and could not find the problem for a long time. Finally I changed bobbins. I had bought new bobbins and they all went bad after one use. They were not the grey aluminum but the aluminum that looked like brushed silver. After one use the center where the hole is was just slightly caved in instead of being flat and would not work anymore. So check your bobbin. Just a thought.

p.s. I even had one of the new bobbin's side break off as I was winding the bobbin.

what thread? also check the bobbin case. I had situation where King Tut was breaking and finally discovered that it wasn't pulling from the bobbin case like it should. case was bad. change bobbin case and see what happens. and remember that thread exits the bobbin case spinning the bobbin clockwise. just saying...

Originally posted by Corey

Sometimes the bobbin has lints, spray it with WD, clean with q tips & I rethread all the paths, check the cone of thread if it is catching something and test on another sandwich practice before stitching on the quilt again

Corey.

Ditto what Cory said about cleaning with WD40. But be sure to always oil any time following WD40 treatment.

I would clean my machine thoroughly. That means taking the needle bar cover off, blowing out with air compressor, WD4D, wipe out inside area (walls) and re oil from the top down.

I think if you clean thoroughly it will fix your issue. A clean machine is a happy machine.

Also make sure your bobbin case is lint free. I always blow out my bobbin case after every quilt.

Ditto what Shana said. I always do this too. So important. I will also take a business card and run it up under the area where the thread exits the bobbin case. Sometimes there's lint stuck up in there that needs to come out. Don't use a pin...just a business card.

Jess

Archived