Kenquilt Princess

Does anyone own a Kenquilt Princess longarm? I'm considering purchasing a used one, but I've not heard much about them. I've spoken with a "local" representative, but have not driven the 75 miles to test drive one. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

I don't think Kenquilt makes a bad machine, they look really nice. But you can gain a wealth of knowledge in the Yahoo groups too. I think when Compuquilt bought Kenquilt, that may mean parts and service is through Compuquilt...not Kenquilt.

Not sure. But do your research before buying. :)

Ok everyone, don't throw stones.....

prior to buying my used APQS I owned a ken quilt. I loved it and wish I still had it. In my opinion the service that I recieved at kenquilt was as good if not better than the service I first recieved from APQS. I never had a problem with the machine at any time, but I have not had any problems with my APQS either. I did at first and after several months and lots of headaches it was resolved. I bought the APQS because it was 500.00 cheaper than the Kenquilt i was going to buy. That being said Now I love my APQS and am considering an up-grade. It will either be another APQS or a Kenquilt. As long as the machine has been cared for, it is built to last, is easy to use, and when it was owned by Kenquilt the service was the greatest. Jacque

Compuquilter did buy Kenquilt and future production will be from their plant in Rogers, AR. Per the S & D Stitches website (S & D is the "parent company" for CQ), repairs are currently available either from Kenquilt in KS, or in Rogers.

If you were at MQS, you may have seen the new models that were introduced there.

Johnmach

I have a friend who owns a KenQuilt Princess. She is very pleased with it. The table is a bit more plain than are the APQS's but still quite good. The 22" size is nice too. A little bit bigger than the 20" Lenni, but more compact than the 26" machines. Is the machine you are considering stitch regulated? They come both regulated and non-regulated. My friends has I/S Turbo which was the stitch regulator used before the current S&D model. Both are good regulators. They are good machines, and I certainly would consider buying one. I can't speak to service, but I did talk with the fellow who builds them at the Dallas quilt show a while back, and came away feeling like he would provide good support. I imagine it would be like the support offered for the Compuquilter, since he builds them as well. That's what I know. Regards. Jim

We are still offering great deals on the Demo machines. You can't go wrong

SALE ENDS FRIDAY MAY 25! SALE ENDS FRIDAY MAY 25!

The 2012 Spring quilt show season is coming to an end and APQS is selling their demo machines. These machines are 2012 models and have only been used in APQS booths and classrooms. It's an awesome sale!

Here's what you can get:

Demo Millennium with Standard Table

(10, 12, or 14 foot table)

$1,400 cash off

Free Quilt Glide ($1250 value)

Free Motorized Fabric Advance ($1350 value)

8-year warranty

Machine Value $20,000 - Sale Price - $16,000

Demo Freedom SR with Standard Table

(10, 12, or 14 foot table)

$1,800 cash off

Free Quilt Glide ($1250 value)

Free Motorized Fabric Advance ($1350 value)

8-year warranty

Machine Value $19,400 - Sale Price - $15,000

Demo Lucey on NEW Standard Table

(10 or 12 foot Table)

$1,100 cash off

8-year warranty

Machine Value $11,900 - Sale Price - $10,800

Demo Lenni on NEW Standard Table

(10 or 12 foot Table)

$1,100 cash off

8-year warranty

Machine Value $10,900 - Sale Price - $9,800

**Optional Bliss Upgrade available for all machines including LENNI!!** - $1,000

Don't forget the awesome extras that the machines comes with, like:

* Bobbin Winder

* Beginner's class, a $200 value

* Year subscription to Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting magazine

* Two sample spools of Superior Thread

* Two pantographs from Golden Threads

* Package of needles

* Bobbins

A $500 fully-refundable deposit is required to secure the machine. All customers must take possession of the machine before May 31, 2012 or the order will be canceled and deposit refunded. Machines are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thanks, everyone. This is very helpful. I think I'll try to go look at it this weekend! I'd love to buy one of the demo APQS machines, but they are a bit above my budget right now. I will check into who maintains this machine in my area. Lots of questions for the lady I spoke with yesterday! LOL! Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Uh not sure where the "don't throw stones" came from.

I clearly said-""""""""I don't think Kenquilt makes a bad machine, they look really nice"""""-I just copied and pasted so I know it's there.

KenQuilt is a nice machine. I said that. Please read the posts before jumping to conclusions.

My machine is 13 years old and I just bought it HERE 8 months ago. Not a machine snob.

Thanks Amie

I didn't see any stones thrown or any unkind comments. Just helpful information. Being new to the blog and long arm quilting, I am just trying to gather as much information as is possible. The information posted here has helped me a lot and I appreciate each person that has taken the time to contribute! It's nice to get first-hand information on the machine I am considering!

Again ... Happy Wednesday! :)

quilterbee1

I was not reffering to you or any comment you made. I was just making a comment in general about how good KenQuilt is on an APQS forum. I have over 10 years experience with the Kenquilt, that is why I posted.

I did not post anything negative about you or your post. No need to reply, I am just stating a comment.

Jacque

Archived