Liberated Star...What would you do?

When I look at this quilt, I am not sure whether I should approach it as white star blocks with white sashing and yellow cornerstones OR as white background with stars and yellow blocks.

I am leaning toward the latter, but not sure what to do with the yellow. When I googled liberated star quilts, I found a pic of one with a background fill and no quilting in the stars, which made the stars pop.

post--13461908711694_thumb.jpg

spirals in and out on the star portions. Maybe a little string of stars in the sashing, using a thread that closely matches one of the colors other than the orange. Perhaps a medium light Blue.?? That is the only color I can "see" on the top.

Background triangles need special something special, I wish she'd used a soft color in the triangles.. would hi-light the star blocks and not overkill it.

Borders, again a string of something... stars. 1/4 moons, leaves, ???? I am stuck.. good luck.. please show us the qlt when you are finished.

Guest Linda S

I think I'd go with the former, SID the stars and put a tighter fill around them to make them pop. Otherwise, that's gonna be one whole heck of a lot of background fill. Those borders look like they are going to be extremely friendly.

There is no border on this, correct? It looks like it's on top of the backing maybe that we see sticking out all around it? If there is no border, and if it were me, I'd stay stitch all around it before loading it to prevent additional problems with seams coming undone or stretching.

I'd SID the stars and yellow cornerstones and background fill the rest to make the colors pop, too. Depending on how big those centers of the stars are, you might want to put a little something in it, too (CC's or TT's). Since it's a wonky star, I wouldn't CC the points of the stars. That's just my opinion though.

Archived