Precision Piecing

Has anyone seen the video by Sally Collins on Precision Piecing at The Quilt Show? I watched it twice and ran to the sewing room to practice and I have noticed a difference in precision already. I'm hooked on her advice and techniques!

I thought I saw her video was at Joann's the other day. With a 50% off coupon, I may have to own it. :)

Originally posted by connieb

There is a Sally Collins Teaches You Precision Piecing Starring Sall Collins DVD on Amazon.com for 19.95. Is that it? Otherwise I'll have to check Joann's, I need piecing help.

Connie, yes, that's the one I saw at Joann's. I don't know if the one that is playing at The Quilt Show is the same but I would think a lot of the techniques she shows would be.

Originally posted by srichardson

I haven't seen her video but I did take a class when she came to guild. Some of the miniature quilts that she brought to show were amazing. She has some really neat tips and is a wonderful teacher.

Sue, I bet her class was informative! It would be fun to take one from her. I could learn a lot.

I like The Quilt Show because they have a lot of famous people teaching neat techniques. Edyta Star is another person I would love to see, after seeing her on The Quilt Show doing her triangles.

I took a week of Sally's classes, all on the techniques she presents in the Precision Piecing dvd. It should be fabulous. I didn't buy the dvd because I got to experience her in person. I learned so much from her, and it made a huge difference in my work. I just think she's one of the very best we have.

Sue, I'll ask our guild member who is in charge of finding speakers. Maybe there is an interest.

Annie, I didn't know anything about Sally Collins until I saw the video. She is really good!

Joan, one day you will get that miniature quilted!

Sharon, I love that your piecer took a class from her. Lucky you!! LOL

Archived