redwork help please

Triangle above the teddy on the lower right hand side is upside down.

Sorry for that pick up.

QUilting it is not a traditional redwork so I'd be giving the boat some water the car a road, butterfly some flowers etc and taking the background right out to the chain blocks. I think outside the square at times!

If the chain blocks are small you could cc on the outside and not put any stitching on the inside. I would also stich a chain in the red border similat to the pieced one.

That is the cutest!

First, remove and flip the block above the big bear face in the bottom right corner of the first photo. We never see those whoopsies until they are in a photo--ask me how I know!!

Because it is whimsical and not "formal" like some redwork, here is what I would do--

CC the small solid red squares. Run a stitching line with white on the diagonals point-to-point along the red squares. Those lines will make a frame around each embroidered block. You won't need to stitch in that white frame unless it bothers you--it looks small enough to leave unquilted.

SID the focus blocks.

CC the triangles surrounding the redwork--do all the 8 triangles around, just to add interest.

Outline and echo the redwork using your thinnest matching thread. Or small loops would work as well since some of the redwork is really close to the block seam.

Reverse curls in the white border.

Quilter's choice in the outer red border. Maybe something to mimic the flower and bumblebee in the embroideries.

Archived