Extended Base

Lynn K

I have the RulerMate by Donita Reeve (lovetoquilt.com), and I think it's great. The surface is smooth and the edges are rounded so they don't catch on things. I haven't tried the others, but before I bought this one, I did a lot of looking around and comparing, and this one seemed best to me.

I have the one by Hartley that APQS sells and it does not fit very snugly on the machine. I have to keep sliding it back or I get a big gap between the base and the machine. I'm not sure if they all fit that way but I'm not sure I would recommend it.

I had an extendabase of some kind that Sherry Rogers sold for the Ult. I and when it was on, it was very snug. I don't think Sherry has a base for the Millennium.

I didn't try Donita Reeve's extended base but I think if I were buying again, I would get it and hope it fits better than the one I have.

The Hartley base that I originally ordered didn't fit well, so I returned it for a refund.

I ordered the Ruler Mate by Donita Reeves for my Millenium and I love it. It's easy to install but I pretty much leave it on all the time and it fits very well.

I'd recommend it.

Sherri Dolly

Overland Park, KS

My Hartley base was also a tad loose fitting. What I did to remidy this was to add a piece of Rubbermaid shelf liner (the thinnest available) to one side of the inner base. I used 2 sided tape to adhere the grip material to the inside of the base and can still remove and install the base with ease. I also made a template of the dip that is caused by the base on the throat of the machine and cut out an adhesive backed linolium tile to fit. The tile is easy to cut and then you just need to mark the areas where the screw heads are and countersink them. Hope this info helps someone. I have a drawing of this template into my engineer and will have this for sale at some point for all APQS models. Holler if you have any questions!

Guest Linda S

Sherry - you are one amazing lady. I am so grateful that you are always thinking about ways to make things easier. Browsing the little tips and tricks on your webpage has been so helpful. I don't know how you manage this while turning out those stunning quilts, but keep it up! You ROCK!

Linda

Archived