McTavishing for Beginners???

gable428

Gable, One thing I did was lay a clear overhead sheet over the page in the book and just trace those designs over and over until I had it, especially the fill patterns in the back of the book.

I just found out from Bonnie that Sherry Roger's Formal Feathers book has the clear mylar right in the book. TOO COOL. I'm planning to order that book.

I ordered Sherry's book right when it was released but have been too scared to try!!! I just got the CL Featherz Template yesterday and will give that a try...it should be great for perfect feather wreaths but I sure want to get Sherry's method down for more free and easy designs and also for getting in odd shape places. Don't know why I'm nervous of trying...I'll probably practice and find there was nothing to be scared of after all...that seems to be the way things turn out!!!

Don't be afraid...Sherry takes you through it step by step and you can use the mylar (what ever it is) and the pen to practice. Just lay it over the pattern in the book and do it a few times, then try it on your own. You will be surprised. I'm here to tell you, my artistic ability is a big fat zero. My art teacher in high school could tell you. I won't take classes where we have to draw - the teacher always says,"Mary, that is a very unique design. That will look lovely on a quilt." They are so nice....;)

Archived