Need some help for ideas

This is a very neat quilt that a customer brought to me before I moved down to SC! I brought it with me to quilt and I need some ideas!!! This is lovely and I just don't know what to do with it! She does not want allot of quilting in the center...too bad...that would have been fun! I was thinking of echoing the flowers on the border, but what to do with those "circles" ..... any help on any of it would be greatly appriciated! thanks!

post--1349289512408_thumb.jpg

Linda, Outline that circle and curve cross hatch in them! Then, stipple down those small areas around them. WOWZA!

Love the echoeing on the border idea.

If you decide to curve ch, then use alot of straightline stitching in those houses!

Straight CH the roofs, and straight line stich the houses, with trimming around the windows!

Sheri, good idea about the CH! I don't think I want to stipple on those little "diamond areas" though. they are kind of 3D! They are a folded piece of material. I'm not sure I want to do any quilting on them. She told me to stay away from the center of the quilt! bummer! she even has already stitched some of the roofs! :( I told her SOME quilting HAS to be done in the center or it would just hang funny. She told me to do what I needed to do, but I think she thinks the quilting on those houses would take away from the houses..(know what I mean?) But you and I know it would not take away from them...but she's the customer!!

This is similar to an Italian cityscape from about five years ago--it was featured in a big-name quilt magazine in monthly segments like a BOM. I wish I could remember the name of the pattern. Someone posted a photo of theirs here and their quilting on it was great.

If it was mine to quilt, I might stitch a close spiral in those black circles, using dark thread so all you see is texture. And I agree with you to not stitch on the peeled-back diamonds.

And I really agree with you that she won't be happy unless the buildings are at least outlined. But maybe she wants to do that herself? Obviously it will hang on the wall and the "sag factor" escalates as the "stitch factor" goes down!;)

Post pics when you're finished please! Glad to see you are settling in and back to quilting!

Archived