Retro-fitting a laser light for pantos

I have bought an oldie but a goodie, an Ultimate XX. There is a picture of a stylus to be used with pantos in the owners manual, but it did not come with the machine and I can't see where it might have been attached. Any advice on how I can add this feature to my machine?

Thank you in advance for your help - this forum is an amazing source of information and inspiration.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum!

Contact APQS about a laser pack. The problem with finding parts and pieces to work well is that you'll need a power source and a laser that can be used without having to hold the on-switch on. Most lasers you buy in a store are battery powered (which is fine) and not made for constant-on uses.

The laser APQS uses has a plug-in power source and the correct type of laser. I don't know if it can be retro-fit on an older machine so call and see what they recommend.

I have the same machine and the same problem. I purchased a battery powered laser light from

Nolting http://nolting.com/view-detail.php?pid=332 the cost was quite a bit less than what I could find anywhere else. I had tried to purchase a laser light type pen (such as what instructors use on a board) but it was problematic in getting it set up right.

I used a sticky pack mount purchased at hard ware store or any place that has hard ware stuff...even WalMart.

I have used this laser light for over a year now and am very very happy with it...has never failed me. The only thing I have to remember is to turn the laser light off when I am done :D

here is the picture of my laser light system.... you can see the black box on the side of the machine, it is held on with sticky Velcro, this is where the batteries are and it takes 3 AA batteries..I have had mine for over a year and have never replaced the batteries. The light itself is adjustable just like the new machine with their laser lights. :)

post-4204-0-11572500-1350433396_thumb.jpg

Archived