Bobbin thread breaking

I have just finished putting on a new hook assembly and the timing seems to be okay, tension is good, no skipped stitches, but the bobbin thread keeps breaking. The thread seems to be getting caught between the bobbin basket and the hook assembly at the bottom of the circle. Is there something in the timing process I need to check?

I have had thread breakage problems continuously since I got the machine and I am a newbie, so I am learning a lot about this problem. The top thread is not breaking right now. I have checked and sanded the needle plate hole. Help!!

I thought that might be the problem, so took a close look, and it seems to have the space that is recommended. I wish I knew exactly what it looks like when the thread is traveling around the bobbin as it should. My fingers are raw from turning the flywheel while I stare at the hook assembly and bobbin. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try backing it out just a little more.

Well, I am really afraid to type these words since it sure to jinx me, but the bobbin thread has stopped breaking. I adjusted the timing again so that the hook just kisses the needle, rather than causing the needle to flex like the directions describe. The directions and the you tube video are wonderful, but there is nothing like doing it yourself.

I once had a problem with my bobbin thread breaking no matter what I did, I was using the magnetic bobbins in black and finally called them and asked them to send me a new box, they replaced the box for free and the newer ones did not break anymore, maybe just old? All that to say, try differant thread....?

Archived