Help with Label Language

Gee, How about what you want to say.

Name the quilt

Who the quilt is made for

Who made the quilt

Where the quilt was made

When the quilt was made.

What's the occasion?

Dory , How do you do your labels? I embroider mine. Check this on out. Hope this helps you!

https://www.connecte.../photo_id/13761

Notice she didn't want all the listed info on her label.

I always have a hard time with my labels, but with family members I seem to end up with the same wording-- I always start with "Made with Love for" and then the Name or names, "celebrating" the occasion, made by (me) date and place, and then others who contributed (pattern-maker usually, if not my own).

I also Google "friendship quotes" or anniversary quotes, new baby quotes...you get the idea. I have found this very helpful, especially when making lap quilts for friends with health issues. There are some beautiful sayings that are also fairly short to use. I also add the other pertinent info. I do these on my computer and print them out on fabric. Then I add narrow borders th frame my label.

I haven't embroidered a label in a while. Humm, I do like the embroidered labels better. Do you gals put cute designs on your embroidered labels and the words, or do you just use the words?

I also Google "friendship quotes" or anniversary quotes, new baby quotes...you get the idea. I have found this very helpful, especially when making lap quilts for friends with health issues. There are some beautiful sayings that are also fairly short to use. I also add the other pertinent info. I do these on my computer and print them out on fabric. Then I add narrow borders th frame my label.

I haven't embroidered a label in a while. Humm, I do like the embroidered labels better. Do you gals put cute designs on your embroidered labels and the words, or do you just use the words?

Sandra, I usually try to fine some design that works with the design of the quilt. I have a ton to choose from and there are tons and tons out there on the internet!

Archived