Road 2 CA - Photo reminder

Thanks Cheryl, it is so good to see how they are being hung. It is a lot more gallery like than over here.

I am not that surprised there are no ribbons. I think I mentione here I was having nightmares with batting bearding? Well it was Wait it did it to. She is kinds fuzzy on the front but has balls of wadding poking out on the back. I can live with it for exhibition, but it will knock off points for judging.

Miss Baltimore creases, badly any time she is handled in a way she doesn't like and I can't shift some of the creases a UK show put into her. Also I should have put a white layer below her flesh, the grey background effects her colour.

So if the others are as good as they look, that is why no ribbons. I am just thrilled they got into the show. Made it through the mail, and are hanging there looking so good. If you want to learn how to do people I suggest you start by taking Marilyn Belford class Realistic Fabric Portraits as http://www.quiltuniversity.com. It is next running. She got me started and will leach you how to process photographs to make your pattern and then how to select fabrics.

The quilt I made in her class is this one,

http://www.ferfab.co.uk/portfolio/showpic.php?dir=quilts&name=skadi.jpg

She wasn't terribly comfortable with it as she only covers humans, but was thrilled with it when it was finished. It was really funny when sometime later someone posted a picture of their studio with their Quilt U course folders on the shelf. They had used my quilt to illustate the spine of the folder with this class in. I was so chuffed. It's a good idea too. I can never remember the names of the class but I can remember what the quilts looked like.

Thanks again

Ferret

Thank you Ferret. I will sign up for that class. I have taken a few others through Quilt U, and they are very good classes. The one I took about careful piecing and pressing has been so helpful. My piecing is much more exact now, and my seams lie flat when I am finished. That was well worth the money.

Sorry Ferret,

I have it on video now in case you want to see, its at www.quilterscafe.org

Everytime I walked by your quilt I heard people say "how did she do that?", there was a total sense of mystery, awe, and mesmerization from the viewers, a very magical feeling. It was the most unique art quilt in the entire show. A real show stopper!

Kathy

Originally posted by Ferret

Hi,

Some of you guys offered to take pictures of my quilts ar the Road 2 CA show for me. You also asked me to remind you. REMINDER :)

I have 2 quilts there, Miss Baltimore and Wait.

Have a good time at the Show.

Thanks

Ferret

My very first trip to a real quilt show was this past November in Houston. I have to tell you that all of the quilts (all of them) were incredible and beautiful. I couldn't believe the special intricate work, and the heart, soul and love that each quilt had. Wow! I wouldn't have wanted to be one of the judges to pick the best out of all these absolutely incredible quilts. I am sure that the Road to California show was the same way...

It's like looking in to a bucket full of perfect diamonds and having to decide which one is the prettiest and most sparkly out of the whole bunch... OH MY! Who can decide and how? Well, they have to decide, and I'm sure it was so hard to do it.

Each quilt is so unique and beautiful in its own way. So, whether or not it has a ribbon on it doesn't matter, if you ask me. They are all diamonds.

Sparkle on!

Shana

Archived