Progress and question about machine spa treatment

Hello everyone!  haven't posted in a long while, but I've been reading.  Got down to some serious work on my Millennium this weekend during Nemo (um.. when did we start naming snow storms??).  I'm pitifully slow, but making progress.  And I gotta say, it doesn't look too bad. so excited!  I'm wondering what the Spa Treatment everyone has been talking about is all about?  I am thinking of purchasing the delights for my machine and thought maybe a spa treatment would be good too.  I bought my machine used from my friend (who barely used it due to time constraints) and thought maybe this would be something I should have done.  What does it entail?  I know he will be in my area in April, so thought I might look into it.  Thanks for all your help!  This forum has given me so much info and inspiration.  LOL, someday, I may even be able to contribute.  Melissa

He tweeks things adjusts wheels changes grease in the gear box. Checks timing and pigtails. Checks bushings on your motor. Good general checkup. I do all my own maintenance and it was nice to watch and ask questions. It is money well spent. Some people have him come annually others send them in every couple years. I looked at it like maintenance on my car. If a doctor could tweek me like that every year I would be a spring chicken.

If he is in the area I say go for it. You wont be without your machine while it is being shipped back and forth.

Shirley

I wish he would come through my area too!  I'd love to have a spa treatment but feel like I can't spare the time, however I did take Amy's class several years ago and do check on lots of things myself, I just always wonder if it could be running quieter or better and I just don't realize it!

Do you have a local Rep? 

Many of your local Reps can do the "Spa Treatment"  you are talking about. 

Go to the "Find a Dealer" Link and look for a Rep Close to you. 

A "Spa Treatment"  could be closer than you think. 

We APQS Reps are here to help you.  Just give us a call. 

Happy Quilting!!

Laura Farnham

APQS Rep, Colorado

Thanks so much for the replies.  This is such a great place for good info!

Shirley:  Thanks!  I think I will see if he is available.  I think it would be worth it.  LOL, I am not even sure how to get the lint out.  Sad but true.

Vicki:  I so wanted to take a maintenance class at MQX in April, but none are offered.  major bummer.

Laura:  I do have a local dealer.  She's in Maine, about 4 hours or so (maybe more) from me.  That's why I thought if Dave was going to be in the area for MQX, I'd get the lights and spa at the same time.  LOL, only 4 miles away and two birds, one vacation day.

Dave would be perfect for you. Not only will he install your light, he will give your machine spa treatment package. My Millenium purred like a happy kitten after Merry Jo Rembold gave it a mini spa treatment 2 years ago. Monday, Dave is driving in my town to deliver the under the table light and do spa treatment to three APQS machines including my Millenium.

Antoinette,

To send a U2U with the new forum, click on the person's photo (or the missing avatar) space:). It will take you to their personal page, where you'll see a button to "send a message" to that person.

If you receive a personal message, the little envelope at the top of the screen will show a number, similar to receiving an email. And speaking of that, if you have that set in your "notifications" section of your personal settings, the system will send you an email when you get a U2U. To view or change your settings, click on the small drop-down arrow next to your login name at the top of the screen.

Archived