BOM help?--edited: where is the ditch??

I'm quilting this for a friend, and she wants something "large and not so dense" to keep the quilt soft.  She hasn't yet decided on panto or custom, and I was wondering what suggestions you might have for the blocks.  I am doing a gently curing feather on the border, but am not sure how to go about planning the blocks so that they are cohesive.  I don't think she wants to pay for heavy custom, really, either.

thanks for your thoughts!

ETA: I'm getting myself together to work on this quilt (customer still waffles on what she wants), but as I am looking at this, I am wondering which ditches you'd SID if I did end up doing some light custom on the inside.  I was thinking around each of the primary blocks and the outer perimeter of the log cabins, and just wanted to make sure I was seeing the right overall design.  But then I thought it would look just like a checkerboard on the back, so would you only SID the motif for each block?  or the motif and the block edge?  Can you tell I generally only do nontraditional?  :D

post-5786-0-96887400-1363011095_thumb.jpg

How about beadboard on the green border.

Bamboo or you could leave the small white border unquilted but be sure to SID. 

Do Cross hatch in the cream color area.

Then do CC's in the blocks.

Then in the "logs" do a simple feather.

If a panto then do something with texture like "lavish" by Hemione Agee or Lush Leaves by Patricia Ritter.

Or if you want to keep the quilting uniform in the blocks without doing too much, try a Pam Clark Design. You could do the same pattern in each block or even do a couple different ones. That would keep the quilting minimal and the cost down.

Archived