Irons

I've had several Rowenta irons that all began leaking after a short time.  I switched to an inexpensive iron (don't remember the brand) that I purchased at a big box store, and used it for years, both steam and dry.  Then one day I was at PIQF, and saw a EuroSteam demo.  I couldn't resist.  I do like the EuroSteam a lot - I love the fact that you can set it to dry, or steam lightly or heavily, and you can also do bursts of steam pretty continuously, so it works great for really ironing things flat.  It was expensive, and honestly, the $30 iron works just fine.  Unless you have money to burn, I'd not prioritize it high on the list of "must haves". (But now that I have it, I'm glad I do:-)

Wow!  I'm really sorry to hear that you have had bad luck with your Euro Steam - mine works absolutely as advertised.  I do use distilled water, as our tap water is very hard.  I've been using mine for a couple of years with no problems.  Maybe you should contact them - there might be something wrong with your particular unit.

I bought the euro steam and that puppy spits more water than steam. So it just sits on the shelf. Any suggestions. I'm taking it with me to hmqs hopefully they are there again this year.

Shirley

Shirley I'm sorry to hear this.  I have a Euro steam and love it.  I had one that I bought probably 6 years ago that my daughter now has and I got a new one.  You should definitely take it back.  Mine never spits.  Did you try doing a cleaning?  Perhaps you have used high mineral water in it?  I always use the distilled water.

Archived