Need Help with Bobbin Thread

I hope someone can help me with an issue I have been having on the last two quilts, which have been computerized edge-to-edge.  I have been having issues where the bobbin thread breaks.  When I pull out the bobbin to pull out the thread tail, I see that my bobbin thread has totally loosened up and I end up pulling about half of the bobbin thread off of the bobbin to get to a point where the thread is wound normally again.  I have cleaned the bobbin case, cleaned my machine between quilts, and changed the needle.  Both times I have wound my own bobbins.  I have never had this happen to me before.  I have used the bobbin genie rather than the bobbin spring for the last two-three years.  What is frustrating is that when I started quilting yesterday, two rows quilted out just fine (changed the bobbins a couple of times), but then started having issues after that.  What I should have gotten donr in about two hours took me all day!  Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?  I will appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you.

I just recently had this problem, and changing the check spring fixed it. These bobbins were wound on my turbo winder, and the first 5 worked fine, but the sixth one was doing just what you describe.

Hope this helps you!

I guess I should have read the complete post-I have never used the thread genie. Could it be malfunctioning?

• 1 year later...

Archived