Angel baby quilts

My dear DIL is expecting my first grandchild in the next couple of weeks and I had a few questions about the angel baby quilt by JoAnn Hoffman. First of all, is this available in a paper version. Has anyone quilted it from a paper pattern or is it only available for a computerized machine? Preprinted on cloth already?

My son and wife decided to not find out sex of baby, so it will be a surprise to all of us and I have not seen picture of baby boy on anyone's quilt. I know I am very late in the pregnancy to attempt this, but my special "Grandma" quilt is done and I wondered about the angel quilt for baptism.

Any answers would be appreciated!

Lori

Lori, I just recently made an angel baby quilt and posted pictures. It comes in a paper pattern and yes you trace it onto the fabric. I found it probably took me as long to trace it as to quilt. The actual quilting goes very quickly once you figure out the quilting path. The top and bottom rows of feather can be done with no stops. The wings are a little involved to figure out. The cross hatching is really the only tedious part. I made this start to finish in less than a week just working a couple if hours a day on it and it was my first project on my Millie, so I was dealing with still "learning" my machine. That week includes the fabric prep and tracing. It's really not difficult. I used cotton front QD wool batting and a micro fleece backing. The micro fleece is stretchy, so it took a little more care but gives it a soft, snuggly side. Same cotton front and back would be great too without the worries. I made mine for a baby boy. I think it's a lovely quilt that gives a great photo op that parents will love having years later. Do get the pattern ordered quickly. It took almost a month from when I ordered it until I got it. Like you I have admired this quilt for awhile, and found it much easier to make than I feared. Go for it.

Claire

Archived