Newbie needing advice:( Quilting goof

When I took a quilt off the frame I had completed for a customer. I laid it out to give it a look over for any threads. An there it was it was looking at me. About 2 or 3" long, a small creased over piece of backing fabric. It is white muslin. So no print to cover up.

Should I rip it out and try to flatten out. Or should I fess up to the customer.

What should I do.

cstucke80

That happened to me as a new quilter on a friends quilt. I didn't find it. She did. I was horrified. She laughed at me and said "I think that is a good place for my label!" Problem solved.

Then I did it on one of my baby quilts. I covered it up with a purchased embroidered butterfly and added a couple more just for fun. I even won a ribbon at the fair with that quilt!

If you removed it from the frame, only remove enough stitching to give you room to flatten the fabric. You can hit it with some starch and steam to help suck up the excess fabric and reload. Pin it flat from the front and quilt away.

If you're frogging on the frame, carefully pin-stabilize it and push the excess fabric around and re-quilt. It'll be fine.

If you've fixed the problem, there's no need to tell your customer anything. There will be no evidence and a fixed problem is no problem.

Archived