What about Quilt EZ

Guest Linda S

I have several friends who have the Quilt EZ and love it. It has several designs and is, apparently, a good tool. I have the Circle Lord because it is much more versatile and can make thousands of designs in comparison.

Linda

Sue, I just started using my Quilt EZ BF and if you could share any tips on how you got yours to match up so well, I'd love to hear it. I know if the quilt isn't on perfectly square it's a problem, but I really feel I need another person to drive the machine and one at the front to guide at the stitching lines to get it right on. Some are good, some don't meet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

LorI Gailey (sp?) had a great tutorial at longarmchat.com and there is probably a link from Mountain View website. One thing I do is after I advance I put the needle in the previous stitching line and line quilt (or templates) up with that position. It is a little fiddling on some quilts but worth the result. Baptist Fan and spiral were the reasons I wanted a guide set up and could get that from Q-EZ within my budget.

Of course now I want more templates- cable border, rope border.

I got Q-EZ for myself for Christmas. I just tried it for the first time last week. The stylus is really easy to install. I practiced with the feathered wreath on a table runner and found it quite easy. I'm getting ready to try the BF but probably not until this weekend.

Holly

Thanks Sue,

I did finish the quilt I was doing and the overall look is great. I have some tension issues (not related to the template) but I think it was Wal-mart fabric that was used. I only bought 2 of the BF templates and I did the hopping thing. I think I'm going to get two more just to make it that much easier.

Archived