Professional Tote!!!!

I can't find my camera stick so I can't post a pic but I am almost done with my professional tote.  They have named this things incorrectly!  It will stop a bullet and is as tough as any piece of luggage I have.  It should be called Industrial Tote!  Someone on here said they had made like 19 of these!  There is not enough time left in my life to make that many!  If I charged by the hour it would cost $1,000.00!  Geez!!!! :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

yay, Sylvia!!! You got it done! The question of the day is did you have to resort to drinking or, heaven forbid, cursing??? :lol:   I unstitched so many times I about gave up ... and that was with the SECOND one. Thought I could remember what I did the first time around, but oh no, what I learned is to read.  :D I'm with Marci, I hope you find that camera soon. We want to see pics!

I still lack a bit and quit for today to retain my sanity!  It looks sharp but good grief!!!  I put the first zipper in 3 times!  Luckily I didn't have to take anything else out!  I will be afraid to take it anywhere for fear of getting it dirty!  Gracious!  And if you filled it up I'd have to get Mike to carry it for me!

I just received the pattern in the mail.  But now I'm hesitant to make the tote.  I've never been good with zippers - even when i made my kids' clothes (back in the O.dark ages).  Guess i'd better plan on spending some quality time "reading" the instructions well and then time to make it huh?  Anxiously waiting on pictures of yours.  :)  :)

When you cut out the pieces, be sure to mark each piece. I use post it notes and pin on. I usually do 6 at a time and then do each step 6 times. I can have all 6 done in a week. Love these bags. The 6 I have cut out, I am not putting the middle zipped pocket in them as most of the people I have given them to have said they wished the middle pocket wasn't there.

Norma...if you follow the directions the zippers will be the easiest thing you do.  Everyone I've taught has said that about the zippers.  Nothing to it.  The last one (18 inch) is a little more of a hassle, but not much.

Diane...I used the little labels she included.  I printed them out then pinned them to the proper piece.  So much easier.  Also, on her site a lady has done them in color which is even nicer.  I found one mistake, but it didn't matter much because I went off my pattern not her labels.

Sylvia...they wash up pretty nice.  I hung mine to dry.  It wasn't dirty I just wanted to see what it did.  Throw in the dryer for a fluff up after it's dry from hanging.

I used both my bags this week when we went to LA.  So much easier than a big suitcase. 

I'll start another one soon.  I'm going to order the smaller one.

Diane, 6?  You are a glutton for punishment!  Naw, I can see another in my future once the shock of this one wears off!  "The middle zippered pocket,"  is that one on the outside or the lining?

Oma, I am glad they do wash up nicely cause I intend to take it every where I go until it falls apart! 

Norma, don't worry about the zippers.  As Oma says it is the easiest part!  I think once you make one and see the pattern's intent for each step the next would be much easier.  I can even see how it can be changed up.

Now, where is that camera stick???? 

Archived