Mark C

Mark, do you only do machining stuff, like engineering, coming up with new ideas or upgrades, or do you have others do the exploring new ideas and make them for the machines? 

or 

Do you also quilt, piece, put quilt sandwich on, etc. and look for new ideas for upgrades while doing so??

LOL, and that cutie, your wife, does she quilt, or was this just a dream between a couple guys

that got APQS started, and what was your inspiration??

Rita

Well Rita,

I have been with APQS for 23 years!  I happened to be friends with Mike our Engineer and Jeff our original owner so that is how I got my foot in the door.  I did start in production wiring the older non-stitch regulated machines (I went to school for minor electronics) and that got me right into doing service on the machines and taking tech calls on the phones.  I am not an engineer but have been consulted in the past with Mike our Electrical Engineer on some things.  :)  I started splitting my time with service and then doing trade shows and as APQS grew it was too much for me to do both.  So we got Amy (who is awesome by the way) up and going in service and I went full time sales.  I do run the machines, but am sorry to say that I am not a quilter nor is my wife.  She is very artistic and would be awesome but has never had the time to get going on a machine.  I hope that answers your questions!  ;)

Mark

Mark, I remember spending a day or 2 at the plant with you & Mike, who I call "the humble genius!", way back in 1999. It was back when the "plant" was in the old motel. The gold veined mirror tiles were still on one wall, or was it the ceiling?! Remember that?! The Ultimate XX was the "big" machine, with the Ultimate 1 being the big seller, along with the smaller Ultimate II. I also remember the EZ-Q! LOL  I have Jeff to thank for my first Millie and will always remember his generosity!

I've been an APQS customer since 1997 and an APQS Dealer since 2000, when there were only about 6 dealers worldwide. APQS has come a long way, thanks to people like you, Mike, Dawn, Amy (& Connie) and the rest of the hardworking staff at APQS!  Jim, Bob and Jim K. have taken it to new heights. And thanks to Heidi, Bob no longer needs a secretary! LOL He was wearing far too many hats! Now I think maybe Dawn needs one too. HOW does she do SO MANY important jobs at APQS and do them so well! Maybe you could clone her? Or at least give her a holiday?

Let me just say that it's been great to be a part of this APQS Family!

Is Heidi still there?  I've not heard about her in ages?  LOL, amazing, I don't call often enough any more.. or is that "thank goodness"  lolol ?

thanks for the answers Mark.. you've had one long and productive life and jobs in various sections.  Great you did, or we wouldn't be here.a

Rita

Yes, Heidi is still our National Sales Mgr.  She also has her quilting studio Hens N Chicks that she owns and runs north of Des Moines.  It's good to talk or "type" with you Rita!  Say hi to "Himself"!!  ;)

Thanks Mark, appreciate the info..  thanks on the Heidi shop info..  will check it on the web.  I think I've seen it, been there???

Any hoooo... Roland returned the hi , as he is washing breakfast dishes.. lol. 

Enjoyed the chat also, shall let you go back to work now.

Rita..       unless I think of more questions.

LOL

Archived