When you think you've checked everything.....

Check the wheels! If this only serves as a mere 'Maybe it could be that..' I thought I would share my recent experience with everyone, computerized or not! I was noticing a wobbly line in my iQ stitching on the Y axis, I thought maybe it was the motor strengths, I played with them a little bit and it was still giving me a wobble but not as bad. I was nearing the end of the quilt and it ran out of bobbin so I slid Millie to the side to change it and THuNk! I immediately swung under my machine and the front of the machine was sitting on the carriage! Apparently the (my) left side wheel cam had become loose and caused the machine to derail! I had NEVER thought of checking the wheels when I am doing regular maintenance partially because I have never really messed with the wheels since I've had it. And I also figured out why it's necessary to have two wrenches of that size (7/16) in order to tighten it back up! It stitches like a dream now but that explains the off stitching and sluggishness of the machine lately...so my Random Maintenance Tip:

Double check all the wheels! Tighten them if necessary!

Thanks for that Terrific tip, sewcute, and

WELCOME to the forum.. Sorry I didn't welcome you when you first joined, and posted.

It will be great having another member that is so willing to share what you find.  Great

tips are always welcome.

Hope you stay and enjoy the forum.

RitaR

Archived