We've met new friends

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patch, good to see your smiling face.

I think a name is a good idea. We need to take into account not all of us are women, nor do we all live in the Portland area but we want it to be catchy and fun, cause we all seem to like to laugh a lot.

Picking a name could be a lot of fun:D

You're right, we don't all live in the area, but we do meet in Portland, and the reason we all got together was Beth wanted to meet other Portlandites, so I thought it fit. There are LOTS of things we could call ourselves, so lets do it, lets have a naming contest - LOL, not a name-calling contest!! :D

Here's another one .......... The Long Arm of the Quilt. No..... that's just too silly. Ok, how 'bout Quilters West.....? No...... Um...... maybe harder than I thought, huh? Well, let's give it the old college try. Gotta go see my chiropracter now. Sitting too long in front of computer again. Oops!

But then, we're not all longarmers either. Hmm...... I was staying away from NorthWest because of Quilts NW, which is in Sherwood and there's a guild by that name, I think. I like the Cascades idea, or how about Mt. Hood something? Or View Quilters... naw, too ...... something. Um....... Cascadia Stitchers? Oregon Repertory Stitchers? No, too much like the singing group. Columbia Quilts - no that's another one that's taken. Och! Besides, many don't live near the Columbia anyway. City Stitchers. Not. The Sandwich Gang? Hey, now we're getting somewhere. Where's my breakfast? :P

Shall we go out and quilt I-5, folks?

I think I was being a little bit touchy about the LAQ thing, because I'm so jealous :o Sorry about that. Without this longarm site we wouldn't exist!

OK, I"ll tell: SWWNWO stands for South West Washington North West Oregon. Thought is was logical too. Maybe not a good idea.....? LOL! I was just kidding.

If we all make an I-5 quilt we really could be I-5 Quilters, don't you think? Hm...... maybe donate it somewhere in memory of lost ones? (Thinking of the two musicians lost last Sunday in drunk driver accident. Were friends of my church choir director.)

Must get back to house cleaning. Hubby may come home in a few days. Don't want him to see it this way first thing, LOL! He's having enough problems without tripping over sewing machines in the hallway and stuff like that.

OK, I have been sitting back and thinking. Here are my offerings:

Cascade to Coast Quilters

Quilters Without "Boarders"

Quilters Without Limits

Quilters Without Boundaries

(I think you get the idea)

Limitless Quiters

Puget to Willamette Quilters

Just Quilters

Quilters Outreach

That is it from my corner. Happy quilting,

Chuck

That's good, Chuck, but I'm no quiter, so I rule out that one!!! :D LOL!

Quilters without Boarders...... I like the intent, but somehow not having boarders on your quilts might seem a little strange..... but maybe not. Maybe that's just what we're looking for. But are we going to do charity work? I think that's what the name suggests. I'd LOVE it. Is that something we talked about already and I missed it? Let's do it!

Love the picture with your doggies! Thanks for sharing.

I would vote for "Quilters Without Boundaries" just because it doesn't lock us into anything so those of us who are traditional quilters or love to do art quilts can both claim the group.

Hey Patch - where were you when I need a proof reader at the Law office before they had spell check!! :cool: LOL

I'm with you Chuck. I sometimes have to post something 3 or 4 times because I don't catch the misspellings before I post and have to keep editing it.

Bill says Hey, too.

Hey y'all (that's the Idaho girl in me coming out)

Here I am in supposedly "not going to snow Idaho" and guess what. It's snowing. Sigh. And I have no LA to play on. But, on the bright side, knowing I have no Tv, no internet and no phone, I brought along my sewing machine and a baby panel with coordinating prints to make up a new baby quilt for the next person I know of that is expecting. I already cut the panel up, so now I will make them all the size I need, then add in spacer blocks of various designs. Put it all back together and call it a quilt. It sounds terrible, but I have done it before and it is adorable. Nice soft flannels. Think I'll use Minkee on the back. So, All is not lost. Now I have to leave the office and go work on packing up the rest of the stuff in my house--I guess it did sell after all. This is a hard place to leave. I really am not whining. It's just hard to leave my home of 26 years to come to a (yikes) city. On the other hand, I simply cannot wait til our next meeting. I am hoping maybe Mary will want to go LQSiing or maybe Patty is coming over to meet with Beth or SOMETHING. Anything quilting. Come on, y'all are so close. Somebody must be doing something!!! giggling

Hi there,

Think of Patty (Patch) and I on Wed. at 11am our time. We're meeting at the shop, then heading over to the bistro for lunch. Speaking of Patch, thanks for catching the typos in Chuckster's post. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what he was talking about.

See you on Wed.!

Beth

Archived