Does anyone know anything about the Husqvarna 3000 longarm quilting machine?

Hey ladies and gents,

I have the opportunity to buy a slightly used Husqvarna 3000 longarm quilting machine at very reasonable price. 

It is in another state however.  Yes, I have a Milli which I love, but thought this might be used for guild baby quilts,

rentals, etc.  I've tried to look for product reviews online, but can't find much.  Have any of you heard of experiences

with this machine?  If you don't want to respond publicly, then send me a private message. Thanks.

Debbie Newell

Hi,

I have a friend who has the Viking (Husqvarna) 18 inch machine that was the previous model....she likes it and has done several quilts on it...she is a hobby quilter.  I believe the Husqvarna mid-arms are actually made by tin lizzie?  She was supposed to come up to visit me this summer but had some back issues so wasn't able....and I haven't visited her....we had been hoping to actually try out each others machines....but no  :(   so maybe look at tin lizzie reviews?  Although I am not 100% certain on this....Lin

I wouldn't even be in the market for another machine, but a gentleman my husband has worked with...well, his wife has not used it much and they are selling it.  He asked if I would be interested.  It might be a really great deal if it sews well ,but is in another state so I can't run over and try it out.  Thanks for the responses though!

Debbie:  Unless you can buy it for a song, you're better off using the money and buying an older first line machine.  Most of the other machines have issues.  A lot of them have poor tables.  Using one would probably drive you crazy after using a Millie.  A lot of manufactures don't support their machines very well.  Even if you have a local Viking dealer, it doesn't mean you'll get real support.  I have a friend that has a Viking DSM embroidery machine that doesn't work right and none of the dealers around seem to be able to sort it out.  We have a local Tin Lizzy dealer, but he can't fix them.  If something goes wrong, you have to ship the machine back to the factory, and when you get it back it might or MIGHT NOT be fixed.  That's my take on it.  Regards.  Jim

Archived