Wanted: Baby to Love - In search of my First Longarm.

Life is changing and I now have more time available for my hobbies.  It pains me to place my quilt tops in someone else's hand to quilt and I only have the option of edge to edge quilting. 

So, I'm looking for my first pride and joy to love dearly!!

Wanted:  APQS Millie or Gammill 26" minimum, 2005 or newer, 12' or 14' table, stitch regulated. Other options just tickle me pink!!

I hope to eventually retrofit with a computer quilting system.  However, if it has the computer already that could be a plus if price is an advantage to buying new with a computer. 

Our plan to get our (meaning my husband and I. Yes, he sits with me and pieces quilt tops. He's pretty good too!!) longarm home is to rent a Uhaul to transport it.  So, we are willing to drive as far as expense of travel makes since.  We already have her room all ready, but if you have a little boy he will fit in perfect as well!! :rolleyes:

I live in just outside of Houston, Tx and I just can't wait for the International Quilt Show end of this month.  Hope to see some of you there!! 

This is a very BIG decision and I welcome all responses. Thanks all.....................

Life is changing and I now have more time available for my hobbies.  It pains me to place my quilt tops in someone else's hand to quilt and I only have the option of edge to edge quilting. 

So, I'm looking for my first pride and joy to love dearly!!

Wanted:  APQS Millie or Gammill 26" minimum, 2005 or newer, 12' or 14' table, stitch regulated. Other options just tickle me pink!!

I hope to eventually retrofit with a computer quilting system.  However, if it has the computer already that could be a plus if price is an advantage to buying new with a computer. 

Our plan to get our (meaning my husband and I. Yes, he sits with me and pieces quilt tops. He's pretty good too!!) longarm home is to rent a Uhaul to transport it.  So, we are willing to drive as far as expense of travel makes since.  We already have her room all ready, but if you have a little boy he will fit in perfect as well!! :rolleyes:

I live in just outside of Houston, Tx and I just can't wait for the International Quilt Show end of this month.  Hope to see some of you there!! 

This is a very BIG decision and I welcome all responses. Thanks all.....................

I have a 2008 Millie with auto roll and height adjustment, hartley fence etc I'm in Phoenix and we'd have to work out shipping but you'd love the machine. we are moving to much smaller home and there just won't be enough room for a 12' table. I'm hoping to get a small machine like george etc

Bobbiesue

She is a beauty!!  I can tell she was loved and cared for very well.  I would really give her a lot of thought if she was a little longer neck.  I know that when I get a longarm it will turn into a business and I feel like I would need at least a 24"-26" with a computer.  Everyone around my home town knows how particular I am.  I already know that I will be ask to quilt their tops and it will turn into a small private business real quick.  I'm already set up as a business for my embroidery that I do.  My first love was always my quilts and that is what I want to concentrate on.   Believe me I have looked at her several times!!  Congrats on your newest member of your family!!  What a dream.........

Judith,

Love your quilts and website!!! 

I see you enjoy LSU quilts.  Here is a crib set that I made for my niece's little boy.  I have 2 embroidery machines and add embroidery to quilts.  This was my first crib size quilt project.  All it is missing is great quilting. 

post-45103-0-78792200-1381666926_thumb.jpg

Hope you are able to enlarge the pic. 

I have a Gammill Vision 30-12 for sale. I just made the decision to sale it. This machine was bought in Oct 2010. It has been for personal use only. It has been lightly used. I have hydraulic table and overhead lights as well as the new breeze track system. The machine can easily be retrofitted for a computer. I wanted to quilt my own things so I did not want a computer. The machine also has the under the quilt camera system and extend-a-drive handles 30 and zippered leaders 12". All of this and I live in Houston!

One thing I wanted to add and didn't! 

Lenni has the smaller neck area, yet I was able to put through

a quilt that was 120", with warm and natural batting.  The 107"

with a slightly puffy batting  fit through. 

Both were running o ut of room to roll more on the take-up

roller when I got to the end.

What am I trying to say?  That you will be surpriised at how

big of a quilt will fit through these smaller necks.  Love it.

Rita

LGlenn,

I love your LSU Quilt. I facilitate the Texas Machine Quilting Group, 1st Saturday of the month Jan - Oct in West Houston.  I hope you can join us.  Also, Call Quilt N Sew in Katy, Terry has a Gammil she is looking to sell. EMail me you number and I would like for us to get together soon.  Hope you find that BABY Soon. - My suggestion is either an APQS or Gammil.  APQS is my first choice. 

Judith - Thanks for the information about the longarm in Katy but it is a 18".  I think I really want to stay around 26" after trying a 22" the other day.  Thanks for the invite to join you, but I am 30 min south of Houston. It would be a little to far for me.  Thanks again!!

For Sale: APQS Millennium with 14' Table

Located in SW Minnesota

We just dissembled our 14’ table and a APQS 2004 Millennium longarm and are selling it because of my health. My wife purchased it as a rebuilt machine from APQS directly after It

had been completely gone thru by them. They told us that it didn’t really need to be gone thru but always go thru them before putting up for sale. We had to wait quite awhile before

one was available. I called APQS and asked if it would be best to have it gone thru before we sold it. First thing they asked was how many hours did we put on it. We told him less

than 100 hours (My wife and I estimate between 50 – 70 hours. They said they wouldn’t bother to go thru it unless it had 2,000 hours or more on it. They said it would be a waste of

money for them to go thru it with that little use. I just got it dissembled and boxed up everything and saran wrapped all the rollers that have cloth on them.

The table is 14’ made to do king size beds, It is the older style table can be adjusted up and down, roller spread, and crank and roller knob can go on either side. It does not have

the hydraulic lift or motorized rollers. It is a very strong table and weights more than the newer ones. My wife did not want the computerized equipment because it seems to take the

feeling away but does have the stitch regulator which my wife really enjoyed. I did label some of the needed locations for reassembly to save time. My original idea was to sell it

and deliver and assemble for the buyer. I have some pictures to help with reassembly also.

I was hoping to deliver and assemble for the buyer and it appears most people purchase a machine close to their location.

(within a couple state area)We have some extras but not real sure the exact name for some of the items. I was just about to start looking on APQS’s website to get the proper names

for each item. We have a bunch of new bobbins, extra new bobbin housings and plenty of Needles. We are asking $12,500.00 for everything and will take offers. If you would like to

call me you can call my cell phone anytime at 507-530-3336. Thank you, Mike Stoks

Additional pictures found at this site: https://www.facebook.com/radley.heinis/posts/10201306344634052#!/mike.stoks.9/media_set?set=a.10201103552083420.1073741843.1007431503&type=3

Includes:

Hartley Microdrive Handles Directional Locks

Thread Cutter Bobbin Winder

Laser Pointer with upper and lower mounts New Needles, 60+

Hartley Flywheel Cover Stitch Regulator

Fluorescent Light with additional UV Tube Single stitch

Extra Bobbin Housings, Bobbins, Pantographs. Table rulers

I have an APQS Millennium purchased 11 years ago and fitted with Compuquilter 6 years. Regularly serviced and updated. It has 14ft table, motorised feed system. There are over 850 designs included, plus bobbin winder, scores of bobbins and needles. Hartley Fence and several templates. Price $16,000. I live in Victoria BC Canada. Pick up only.

Phyllis.

phyllwright41@gmail.com

Thank you for all your replies.  It's done, I purchased a brand new Gammill Statler Stitcher 30" with all the bells and whistles.  My husband had it in his mind to buy it all along.  He made the official purchase late night at the International Quilt Show in Houston.  It will be delivered Nov. 19th!!  I'm so nervous and excited at the same time.  Now I have to name it, any suggestions!!  Thanks again!!

Archived