What else needed with Circle Lord

Tyra, to use the 12" template you need the Circle Lord unit and a stylus.  There is a way to use the Circle Lord unit on the front of the Millie and it is the easiest way to stitch since you can see more easily for positioning the stitching.  To use the giant boards, as Corey mentioned, you would need a stylus and the boards lay on the back of the table.  I hope that helps, but post any more questions you may have.

I am currently using the swirls on a 60x90 quilt.  It will take 8 full passes.  I work from the back.  It takes me 10-15 minutes per full pass.  It takes 5 minutes to move it forward and start the next pass.  This includes nailing down the sides with stay stitching and changing bobbins.  I don't use pre-wounds. I change the bobbin on every pass to prevent changes in the middle.  (I wind the first bobbin then see what is left after the first pass to determine how much to put on the other bobbins.  This saves wasted thread.)  I will complete my top in a total of 3 hours.  I remember doing a queen size recently and it was less than 4 hours.  You do need a stylus.  I always position the boards after I load the quilt so that pattern lines up evenly on both sides.  I have 8 different CL boards and love them all. 

Mary

*****ALL SOLD*****

I have the following templates for sale if anyone is interested!

Greek Key/maze mico filler $100

Surf/ herringbone micro filler. $100

Both are brand new, never used!

and the spider web/spider template (mini feathers) $45

Shipping not included.  Will ship whichever method you prefer!

amy

Archived