tearing out stitches

When is the best time to tear out a couple of rows of pantos stitching? do you finish the quilt then go back or stop and tear them out right away? I was stitching along just fine for three rows then eyelashes happened and I neglected to check my work sooner. I know I'm the first person for this to happen to but maybe some of you could use your imagination and give me some advise. Thanks much - whimsey:(

Okay, funny you should ask. I am not sure what all the "Wise ones" do...but I am tearing out as we speak. If it is wrong or thread color is not right or whatever, I tear it out right then and fix it. But I am no expert. Hopefully someone much, much, smarter than I will respond. I will be waiting to see the answer also.

Mary Beth

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

I do mine now. I just pull up the top thread til I can see that bobbin thread and give it a nick and pull out 6-8 stitches at a time over and over until it is done.

I do it right away, because I want to fix it now, or I will forget it. And who wants to deal with reloading the quilt to insert missing stitches.

Archived