Heirloom Stockings - Progress

On the back I'd love to see it cross hatched with the line dancing in it as you have done.

maybe some tight stippling as you did on the front, thown in at random spots.. could

even be IN  the crosshatch. 

I can hardly wait to see them finished!

Rita

Awww thank you all for the kind comments!!!  I really really love these and though my girls are young I think they have an appreciation for hand made gifts because they see first hand how much goes into them.  My oldest wants to make each of her family members cross stitch ornaments for gifts for Christmas...since I pretty much spend all my time quilting now days I gave her all of my cross stitching supplies!  LOL

Cathy I love your idea...I decided since the feathers fill up more space and I layered up the batting specifically to give the trapunto look I would do those on the backs and a small colored in fill...I don't even know what that's called but I call it coloring with thread!!

Lisa - I am SO jealous you saw Cindy!  I need to check her schedule...I know she was a few hours away from me a few years ago but I didn't even know it and missed it...our guild is to small to get her to come out...but boy she is on my must see some day list!!!  :)

BEAUTIFUL!  I haven't finished the back of some stockings I've made - the way mine hang on my fireplace, you can't see the back anyway?  But you could maybe just do one of your cool backgrounds on the backs?  Can't wait to see them finished!

How very beautiful, Valerie! Lisa C and I were lucky enough to take a class from Cindy Needham last spring. Her work is indeed inspiring!

Archived