How do I reduce vibration

I have a new Lucey on a bliss table.  The sewing head vibrates causing the table to shake and bounce.  The table has been checked to make sure it's level.  I used to own a Lenni which had a much heavier table (prior to 'bliss') - and didn't vibrate like Lucey is doing.  Is it because the new table is lighter weight?  Is there some adjustment I can make to reduce the amount of vibration?  I love the smoothness of the bliss and Lucey stitches beautifully.  I'd just like some help with reducing the amount of vibration or eliminating it altogether.   Thanks!

Hi,

I had some vibration with my Lucey when I first got her...it seemed only to be when I was working furthest from me....what I recall reading somewhere was that if you are putting any pressure downward on the handles as you are stitching...that can partially lift the wheel off the frame causing a vibration?  Am I remembering that correctly?  And of course I don't know if what you are experiencing is similar to what I was experiencing...I haven't noticed any vibration on the last couple of quilts that I have done.  Lin

Kathie,

Give the factory a call and talk to them. They should have some helpful hints for you. 

Have you tried changing her speed? Each motor has a different harmonic vibration and sometimes there is a sweet spot where the vibration is noticeably reduced and sometimes there is a speed where the vibration feels a little stronger. It could be a teensy adjustment to the speed you are running her at which will change how she feels. I've also had a customer who's axles weren't screwed into the belly of the machine tightly and it caused a lot of vibration. These days the factory sends out the axles attached to the machines already so that may not apply to you. I also had a customer whose hopping foot was entirely too high and cause a great deal of bounce. That is a super easy fix and, again, the factory can help you. 

Happy Quilting!

Check your wheels for their place to run.  My

edgeriders ride with the two recessed sides of a

wheel right dead center of the track.  Wheels

being loose, or out of line, can do some odd things

also are there lint, threads, anything on the rails or

your wheels.?  That can be a pain in the pita spot

too.

Amy can tell you exactly what is wrong with it

just by listening on the phone.

She is terrific.

Rita

I agree with Angela, I actually had a lot of vibration and in trying to figure out why, it seemed that I had some loose bolts on my carriage wheels.  Now I seem to have problems with the plexiglass table vibrating and I noticed that the magnet doesn't seem to be holding it down anymore, so I fixed it with more pads on tops of the large round tubes that run underneath it.  

Great information-- thanks so much for all the suggestions! I'll try them all. I am curious about the pads on top of the cylinders under the table -- do you just use batting as a pad?

When I needed to replace them, I got those pads with sticky backs used for chair legs or furniture protection in the smallest size. Found them at the hardware store.

Archived