bobbin tension

New tension assembly?  I start quilting with a full bobbin and as I use up the bobbin thread I have to tighten the tension top tension.  The bobbin thread becomes loose as the bobbin is emptying.  By the time the bobbin thread is gone I might have to tighten the top tension a couple times.  Do I need to order a new tension assembly?

HI Kim,

I had the same problem as you and I too, thought it was the bobbin tension changing as I quilted, or the top tension, or my bobbin winder not winding well. Check out this post for what I found to be the answer to my problem. http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/topic/33866-spring-in-bobbin-case/

Rita hit the nail on the head and after following her suggestion, I've had no problems at all. Just perfect stitches.

Throw out the bobbin case spring and get bobbin genies. My tensions are almost a match as the bobbin and top tensions are very loose. I gather both threads together and pull them both out toward the back of the machine, and they both pull smoothly and evenly. The stitches meet in the middle of my quilt sandwich. 

Good Luck

Debbie

OMG!!!   took out the spring, inserted a Bobbin Genie and I am amazed at the the tension  This forum is the best.  I just quilted a panto row, 40 minutes of quilting and no problem wit the tension!  I'm doing a happy dance.   Debbie, thanks for posting!  Now...back to work!!!

Archived