I got to meet Carmen!

I don't think I am alone.  Those of us who frequent this forum tend to develop warm feelings for each other.  It's so good to come here for advice or inspiration or sometimes just to vent.  There are certain posts (and certain people) who always help us troubleshoot, run a business better or just have a laugh.

We hardly ever meet one another face to face but yesterday I had a chance to meet Carmen (from the Ozarks) in person at the Tucson Quilt Fiesta.  I had already signed in for my hostess shift so there was no time for a real visit but I could tell how much fun it would have been to sit down & have a coffee with her.  The avatars are great at putting a face to our names but it's so much better to say hello in person!  Hi Carmen!        Nancy in Tucson

Wonderful! :) Some day I hope to meet Carmen, too.  And of course ... most of all... meet you, Nancy! Have fun! 

PS:  Andre and I are hiking 4 nights, five days in the Grand Canyon again this year (First week of March).  When we get out of the canyon, I hope to drive down to Tucscon. If we do, I'll let you know in advance. Maybe I can get my long-awaited hug from you!  :)

Hi, Nancy!  I am delighted to have met you and see your beautiful quilts up close!   We are spending the month of January in Mesa and I was able to catch a bus tour to the quilt show and the best part of the trip was meeting you and Katie (SIL of a friend back home), and of course seeing the gorgeous quilts that were displayed at the show.

Each time I travel to a show I try to meet others from the forum and it is such a pleasure to have that opportunity, put a face to a name and give a hug.

Shana, I hope one day our paths will cross and we have the opportunity to meet.  I might have to break down and travel to Fairbanks with my sister to visit her daughter.  :D

Shana…That would be fantastic!  If Tucson is too far south for you, maybe I can drive up to Phoenix & meet you for lunch?

Nancy, Actually I have been hinting to Andre that I want to drive down to Tucson because it is so beautiful!  After we get out of the canyon we have a few days to drive around... I'll keep in touch!  :) 

Carmen, yes..... come visit me!!! :D 

Shawna,

Couldn't send you an IM so I'll ask you here. What section of the Grand Canyon do you hike? Hiking the Grand Canyon is on our bucket list.

Thanks,

Heidi, We hiked the Bright Angel trail from the south rim down to the bottom. First night half way down to Indian Garden camp ground, then two nights at the bottom where the Colorado River is at the Bright Angel camp ground, then hiked half way up back to the Indian Garden camp ground, then the fifth (final day) up to the rim and out. We brought tents. You don't need to overnight. You can do a day hike half way down.

Most definitely scratch this off of your bucket list, girl! It is amazing.........

Heidi, it depends on what time of year you go. We have gone in spring (late Feb, early March). It's always cooler at the top (rim edge) than the bottom. Last year in late Feb it was in the 60s at the bottom and much cooler at the top (40s and 50s) so you have to dress in layers.

Here is a link with more info to answer any question you have. http://www.nps.gov/grca/index.htm

Here's a pic of me last year climbing out after 5 days, 4 nights.

post-1082-0-49318300-1390675822_thumb.jpg

Archived