How would you quilt this with an all over?

mscott2611

Ladies 

This lady has limited budget so was a pantograph.  I am thinking about the Circle Lord board I have called LILLY to off set the straight lines of this quilt. Do you think that would work or do you have a better suggestion?  I just don't want to do a meander because it seems such a waste.

Marypost-5061-0-83130200-1395632466_thumb.jpgpost-5061-0-60031500-1395632556_thumb.jpg

The leafy design suggestions are what I would use. If your CL board is a curvy design, it will be nice as well.

Invisible thread might be the way to go with this high-contrast top. That way any panto or board with some curvy designs would look fine. Only texture would show and allow the fabric colors to stand out.

If you're planning on using regular thread, the choice of thread color might be more important than the actual quilting designs. Dark thread on the light areas or light thread on the dark areas will be very noticeable, so find an inoffensive middle-tone thread color to use overall. I would opt for a dark gold color and a thin thread so the sunny yellows are emphasized and it will look good on the browns as well.

Angela Walters, Free Motion Quilting, has some wonderful overall designs, Swirls and Circles or Lines and Vines, any one of which would compliment that quilt wonderfully.  It's a great resource that my customers love to choose and ones I love to stitch.  A book to own!

Charlotte

Archived