I ALMOST......

BOUGHT A MEGAQUILTER YESTERDAY...... Yikes!!

Girls (and guys, if you're there), I think I'm going to do it. Well, one of the gals in the BOM club said she'd quilted her own show and tell quilt on the Megaquilter she'd bought from the shop. Almost all the other gals showing quilts had them done by someone else with a LA. (I picked up all the cards and info for LAers from the front table - how'm I doing in the research dept.?)

I have tried out the MQ on several different occasions, and each time was better at it. It seems so smooth...... Anyway, the shop said everything today is 15% off, so I asked if that machine is too, being sure it probably wasn't but just kind of hoping. But the shopkeeper said she'd already reduced it more than that (I wonder why, since it's the new model). Then I asked her if they had financing, just wondering how much a month with that price. She said there's no financing for a year, so I thought it's one of those deals where you don't start paying for a year, like when I bought my Bernina. After she had me filling out an application, since I know I can make it pay for itself in a year, she told me she was wrong and it says no FINANCE CHARGE for a year, though payments start right away. And she also can't tell me how much payments will be until she sends in my application and the finance company does the math. Well, I can't actually make payments right away, especially if I don't know what they'll be, so that's that. Bummer.

Maybe it's for the best. But pooh! I was getting so excited. :(

If this one does'nt come to be then remember ..everything happens for a reason. We don't always see what the reason is at that moment of disappointment, but I have found that something better will happen soon! Mine just kind fell into my lap! I never would have dreamed that I could have my own LA(No payments) And NOT have to do other's quilts. Mine is for my own personal use!! So keep your chip up! I have you in my thoughts! It will happen soon enough and you will be soooooo happy!

Patty

I'm with Patty. It's so hard to get excited, and then to have things fall through. I have a friend that says that while she knows that God has a plan for everything, she wishes that he'd just leave a little note on the bedside table about what's going to happen. Maybe He could do that for you too.

I'll keep my fingers crossed all the same.

Beth

Congratulations, Debbi!

Shana, I try to remember something my FIL and many other wise people over the centuries have said: "God helps those who help themselves." Maybe you should consider putting your savings down on Millie and financing the rest before Life intervenes and finds another use for that money. ;)

That's so funny, Cathey! I've done that before, LOL!! You can delete if off here if you like, but I thought the advice was apropos to me too, so thanks!

You guys (i.e. gal quilting buddies AND guy quilting buddies) are the greatest! Thanks, I do think it was for the best, as I haven't actually discussed such an imminent addition to our home with the hubby completely, and I don't want to spring a big surprise on him at such a busy time of our lives. Yes, I definitely could use some bedside notes from Upstairs! But since I do believe this quilting thing is from Him in the first place, it is easier to trust that it will turn out in the right way eventually. Thanks for the reminders, all. :)

Archived