Question about Bliss

I upgraded to the Bliss system a while back and have noticed a little problem. When I am in stitch regulated mode, when I stop moving the machine (to reposition my ruler), it doesn't stop with the needle down. Therefore, the machine moves just a little bit and now I am off my line. Is there an adjustment that could fix this or is it just that the system moves so smoothly that it slips? I am currently doing a bunch of (5) quilts that all have a lot of horizontal straight lines and crosshatch. The bobbles are really showing in the crosshatch. 

I almost feel like the machine does not completely stop stitching when I stop moving it. Does that make sense? Any suggestions?

Peggy

The Bliss is pretty slippery and can cause the head to move just by vibration or a tiny nudge.

Your best solution is to stop moving and make sure the needle is down. Then using the right handle, push "command" "blue". That will stop the stitching but keep the SR going so you don't have to start it all over. With the needle being down the head won't wander off-line. Reposition your ruler, hit "command" "blue" again and you're set to go. You can get really fast with this trick--shared by Dawn a while back.  :)

I don't even have bliss and have trouble getting Lola to stop with the needle down.

How do you do that?

Are you just jiggling it til it goes down or is there a way to engage needle down like on the DSM?

I'd love to know how yo do this.

Thank you so much Linda. I thought I saw something about this posted but couldn't remember the post. I will definitely be trying this tomorrow. Thanks again. Besides this little issue, I am loving my Bliss. My shoulders are loving it too. I have a pinched nerve between my neck and my right shoulder. I have been quilting about 6 hours a day for the past 5 days and my shoulder is not screaming. No way I could have done this without Bliss.

And, I have been able to do the horizontal lines, all the way across the quilt, without a ruler. I marked them before loading and I can just ease my machine along, without a ruler. It really is amazing.

As usual, good advice from Linda! Make sure that your machine is level in all directions too. I took a hands on class from Dawn at MQS this spring. The Handi Quilters we were using in the classroom were not leveled. Every time I stopped, the machine slid back to the bar. GRRRRR. I finally just left it in the needle down position to hold it steady. It is really hard to take a class using a machine you aren't used to! But Dawn was fun as usual!!

Heidi, does yours move a bit once you stop though, causing the needle to come up again? When I turn the stitch regulator off the needle is down, but when I just stop moving to reposition my ruler, the machine moves ever so slightly, causing the needle to come up and it gets a bit off my line. I'm going to try what Linda suggested tomorrow. It seems like it will work.

I do as Linda says. I use my "park" feature a lot when I do ruler work. It's a little tricky to stop with the needle "in", then push the blue button, but you'll get it with a little practice. Makes it easier to re-position the ruler, then take off again. My machine will wander a little with the bliss system. Usually because we've had a few earthquakes and my machine is a little out of level. I don't take the time to re-level until it really starts bugging me!

Archived