Monofilament question

You'll have better luck at first by using a different bobbin thread. I use BottomLine bobbins with monofilament thread. The thought is that the mono is slippery and works better with a bobbin thread that isn't as slippery. Some quilters can use mono top and bottom, but it requires precise tweaking of both tensions to make a nice stitch. Once you're confident using a different combo, give it a try with mono in the bobbin. Maybe someone will share the best way to wind a bobbin with good tension using mono.

To chime in on winding the bobbin I have not done it on the long arm but I did use extensively on my domestic machine.

You do need to fill slowly as it heats up when you are winding and stretches if you are filling a plastic bobbin it can split in two

and you end up with a ball of curly knotty thread, don't ask me how I know this. Anther trick I did on the domestic was wind about

a 1/4 spool with a cotton thread on before finding the bobbin. Then just wind 1/4 then of the mono then let cool down then fill 1/4

then leave and let cool down. I know use a metal bobbin for mono filament this is what worked for me, as I say this was experience o

n my domestic. warning do not use aluminium to wind mono either use a steel bobbin, Ya don't ask :)

let us know how it goes 

Archived