hairsprayed pits and...

Has anyone, confess, ever deordorized their armpits with hairspray, or hairsprayed their head with something like air freshner? Yep, I've sure done it more than once, and yes, it's time I made an appointment to see the eye doctor ~~ but the reason I ask this ridiculous question does have something to do with our machines.

I cleaned the rails of my machine with WD40 the other day (yep, accidently) and it really seems to work! I like it. I like it a lot. Has anyone else been using this to clean their rails? Is there any reason why this wouldn't be a good product to use on them? It really cleans the black off well and keeps the rails running smooth.

Try it, see what you think, and tell me if I'm wrong. Thanks for participating.

~~ Eva H.

Okay, at first I couldn't understand why this was under APQS Help or where ever we are...then I read the title and had to read the message...to funny...but hey, if the WD-40 works, I'll try it. After all, my ex-uncle used it on his elbows for arthritis.

WD40 is a great gunk cleaner, but it has a lot of grit in the solvent....which doesn't make any real difference on the bars, but it would if you left it in your machine without blowing it out and following up with oil.

As far as has anyone tried it....yeah it does work as long as you get it off your bars....it stains fabric way worse than you would think. I've got stains on t-shirts where I accidentially sprayed the front of my shirt....yeah a blonde moment and I thought I had the thingy pointed the other way....those stains are now about 9 years old...I've yet to find anything to get it out. Shout, Whisk...and tons of other tried nothing...stain still shows...so that is why I don't use it for a bar cleaner...

Thanks everyone. The grit in the solvent sounds quite plausible. Perhaps that's why it cleaned the black off so well. It scoured it off. I did use a clean rag to wipe the rails dry after cleaning with the WD40, I wonder if that would be sufficient to keep it from migrating to the wheels?

Well, another experiment in the history of accidental discoveries.

PS: If you ever listen to the very funny program on Public Radio (Internet) called A Prairie Home Companion, there was a hilarious skit a couple of weeks ago about men using WD40 to soften their hands instead of sissy type lotions. Very, very funny stuff. Oh my, how life imitates humor ~~ or is it vise versa?

Thanks, Eva H.

Archived