This one is for you, Michael

OK, finally got my Cirlce Lord mounted up, and boy, did I have a ball. I am quilting circles and spirals, and filling them up with freehand quilting. I have made one doodle - a large one - and mad a vest out of it, so the try-out fabrics are not wasted ( a doodle is never a waste, I know, but making someting out of one is much more rewarding ).

So this picture is actual for you, Michael from Loricles, to show you that after finally mounting up the Circle Lord, I am using it already with a lot of pleasure!

Sylvia Kaptein

Sylka-Mode

The Netherlands, Europe

www.sylkamode.com

post--13461897968017_thumb.jpg

Syl, that is wonderful! Looks like you had fun.

I recently bought the CL and a few templates but haven't had time to get it set up on my machine yet. Can't wait to do some fun things with it though.

Did you need help making the adjustments to your machine or is this something you were able to do by yourself? Should I get a friend to help me?

Thanks, Eva

Sylvia,

Glad you are having fun with the Circle Lord. You can do a lot

with just simple circles and spirals.

Eva,

Don't make me come over there!

One can raise the machine head alone, but it's

handy to have someone there to fetch the parts

that fall on the floor, and roll under the cutting table.

Cheers,

Michael

Well Michael,

I have a five-year-old who spends quite a bit of time with me in the studio. He might be just the right size to fetch parts from under the machine. Of course, they way things are already, it might work better if I let him make the changes and I work as HIS helper!

A couple of weeks ago he drew a panto for me. I can't wait to find just the right customer who will let me use it on their quilt!

PS: He really did enjoy the "Soccerdoggies"

Hey Eva,

Instead of waiting for the "right customer" for your son's panto, I think your "customer" is literally right under your nose... YOUR SON! :) When you have a chance to make him a little quilt top, you can use the panto that he made. Wouldn't that be cool? He'd love it, I think. Awwww!! I can already imagine his cute little face when he sees his new little quilt that mom made for him with the panto that he designed. ;) How cool is thaaaat?

Archived