Connecting Threads Essential Pro Thread

I know this has been discussed before but I'm curious what the current feelings and thoughts are?  I haven't tried this thread yet but have read that it sews up something like So Fine from Superior Threads...is that true?  Anyone here use it?

I'm thinking of placing a $50 order for the free shipping...truth be told I was very upset with their customer service several years ago...I think I just got a really rude lady and when I called back to complain the company pretty much told me to take a hike if I didn't like them instead of apologizing for how they treated me.  I'm not really one to make a complaint or even say anything on these issues, but I was heartbroken after that!!  I couldn't believe it and have never experienced anything like it.  I haven't shopped with them since, but it's been several years and this was my favorite place to shop for fabric and thread at one time...now that it's been a whie I'm wondering if holding a grudge over one or two stinkers is worth denying myself one of my favorites!   ;)

I shop at connecting threads and have had only  one problem with an order when I called and told them they shipped me out the wrong fabric they shipped me the correct fabric and told me to keep the wrong stuff. I was very pleased with the customer service. She must have had a bad day. No excuse though it is  called customer service after all. Now the essential pro yes I have used it I find it stitches ok  the lint is more like a cotton than a poly but the price is right and the sheen is more like a cotton in my opinion.

Hope this help

Thank you Terry!  That is very helpful!  So you think the Essential Pro poly cones are linty?  That is very good to know as part of why I love poly so much is they are usually lower lint.  Maybe I will find the lint a pain...

Yes I think you're probably right about customer service at Connecting Threads.  Prior to that one experience I was so happy with them, and most people I know who've ordered there have had good experiences.  I think it's been about six years since I've ordered - for someone who doesn't get upset that terribly easily, that was a long time for me!  HA!  I think I will go ahead and place an order...thank you!

Bonnie - I have used So Fine before but not very  much and I don't remember it being linty really at all - but maybe I just haven't used it enough to judge?  Maybe three or four quilts total - the Dresden I made a while back was quilted entirely with So Fine.  Hmmmm...I think I will just have to try it!  :)

Valerie, do you use So Fine? I find it to be a little linty compared to poly.

Archived