Need ideas for Classic Santa Quilt

I have a quilt like this one on the way to me.  It is hand applique.  I am going to do SID, outline the applique and fill behind them, but I'm not sure what to do with the star blocks.

http://www.comequilt.com/shop/Block-of-the-Month-Patterns/Classic-Santas/p/Classic-Santas--Complete-Pattern-Set-x1896311.htm

Cute! And a lot of work for the piecer! I like that half the Santas are appliqued on pieced blocks.

I can't imagine any other idea besides CC's in the pieced blocks. In the big ones, stitch double CCs to bring the stitching density up to match the appliqued blocks. Or stitch a single CC around and when you reach an appropriate corner stitch a holly leaf. Scrolls or curls could also be used to fill some larger squares to accent the vintage feel of the Santas.

Teresa sorry I can't open the address to look at the quilt picture but if there is room around the Santas you could sid and then do a meander with scattered snowflakes around the Santas and CC in the pieced blocks as Linda subjected.  What ever you do I'm sure will be beautiful. Saundra

Flicker keeps telling me today, that I don't have permission, but I did open the link by clicking on the Large View,

or Pict.. whatever it said. 

On the Star Blocks, I think I would sid the red & white and line dance, or cc the green areas, but not

on the white side of green blocks.

Archived