Circle lord & compuquilter,does anyone have both ?

sewsew

Is there any one out there that has the CQ & the CL if so how's it working out for you ? I'm not sure but I don't think you can do cross hatching with the CQ or concentric circles . About how much does it take to get set up with the C L ? I 've been on their website but can' quite figure what all you need to get set up with the CL. just wondering

Arby

I think that the base price is about $700. You can make the circle/squircles with just their base unit. There are all sorts of templates (round & square spirals, gingko, featherz, cross-hatching, Baptist Fans, clamshells, zigzag and more). They just came out with another new one today which does straight and wavy lines and wavy cross-hatching. Look on the forum for the Circle Lord post.

You can see their price list is at:

Circle Lord price list (click here)

And you can take a whole year to pay for it if you want.

Hi Arby,

Absolutely you can make concentric cirlces with CQ!;)

The arrays feature allows you to do some pretty incredible inter-locking designs, it blows my mind how kool the arrays feature is, I could play with it all day! And yes it does cross-hatching in a snap, with "TAG" designs that are quickly quilted out with a zig-zag. Cross hatching is much easier with CQ, I have done both.

You will have to make the choice between CQ & Circle Lord, as you must use some washers to lift the carriage up on the Circle Lord. That won't work for having CQ with the height raised on the carriage.

Which ever you decide they are awesome tools & great money makers! $$;)

Hope this helps!:)

Originally posted by sewsew

Is there any one out there that has the CQ & the CL if so how's it working out for you ? I'm not sure but I don't think you can do cross hatching with the CQ or concentric circles . About how much does it take to get set up with the C L ? I 've been on their website but can' quite figure what all you need to get set up with the CL. just wondering

Arby

Linda & Ramona, Thank you both for you reply. Linda would you please explain how one does concentric circles[ The one like the CL does ,a bunch of nested circles]. does that make sense ? Also the cross hatching I would be most interested . Thanks in advance

Arby :)

Arby,

To best understand the CQ features, you really need to see it in action.

Using the arrays feature is as easy as clicking the mouse to make the concentric circles. 2 part TAG designs are even easier.

You may E-mail me any time if you have questions.

Hi Sue,

I just got home from the shop, it is a design that came with CQ, I will look tomorrow & let you know which file it is in.;)

It is a 2 part design.

Have a great day Sue!:D

Great quilt Sue.

Arby,

The CQ is so much more than the designs you are asking about. You have so many options. Then you can change the designs into something else. Then.. you can create you own designs, purchase others designs and have them stitch out just like that person.

You really are comparing two different tools. Having said that you are also in two different price ranges.

Myrna

Good Morning Sue (or evening? :) )

The cross-hatching is in the repeatable file, go to Zig-Zag & read the notes for the first run, then the second run I set the start up on the highest point to begin the second pass to make the cross-hatching, REALLY fast & accurate!

Try it & let me know how it goes!;)

Hugs, Linda

You can make all sort of circles with the CQ. Concentric, interlocking, in an array as a wreath.

Crosshatching is a little different.

You can cross hatch with the Circle Lord and the Hartley Fence around appliques and feathered wreaths, etc. You can start and stop it when you reach the point you don't want it to sew into.

The CQ has a zigzag design that if you sew rows of zigzags it appears to be crosshatching. This is only good in borders and blocks, you can't go around things.

You could mark a grid on your quilt and then tell the CQ to sew a line from point A to point B but I think that would take a long time.

Unless someone knows something different, this is all I know.

Archived