I am seriously ready to quit! :( Vent.

Judith - I have so considered what you are saying!!!  Honestly I don't feel like I'm pouring money into the machine - I broke the motor myself. LOL  So I can't really blame it on an aging machine...also the belt broke as a result of what I think was the brand new new screws that came loose with the vibration of use...and that could have happened with a new machine honestly.  I heard something funny when I was sewing too - I should have stopped and checked instead of going on.  Lucey is the next affordable option after I/S - but still double the cost of I/S - and with a little baby coming saving $3,000 sounds appealing!

Nigel - at least it's not me.  I honestly was really leery when they said they were moving away from installations and then I couldn't get through...that's a real bummer.  But I suppose if I don't do it now the option won't be there in a few years...the erin@kasaworks email was the one I finally was able to get a response to.  Just waiting to hear when and if he can get here.  I think we will just go ahead and do it if I can get him here within a reasonable amount of time.

Regarding the stumbling - yes changing the motor brushes the first time resolved the dipping I was having...but I did have some strange hiccuping that hasn't happened at all with the new motor - so maybe it was due for a change?

Valerie,

Consider the Technology the Newer Machine will have.  Think about putting good $ out still having problems, like an older car, once you have to start pouring $ to keep it running, it is time to think about getting a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!  Oh if I could afford a spa treatment I would!!  :)  I just don't have the funds for it - and it is up and running again.  I was having a moment (as I'm sure we all have) and the pressure was really mounting because I had this set back right before Christmas...I was relying on that income to pay for it!  :)

You might even try a spa treatment? Had problems with my Millie (was used machine) after spa was just like new and my needle break only broke the needle finger and needed timing.

Valerie:  I don't see any new technology that Zelda doesn't have.  I guess she doesn't have power advance, but that's something I see no need for.  If I wanted it, I'm sure I could put it on her.  Stitch regulated with 2 basting options - yes.  Power lift - yes.  Electronic channel locks - yes.  Assisted batting access system - yes.  Front and rear laser mount - yes.  Bobbin camera - yes.  LED lighting - yes.  "M" size bobbin - yes.  

Now I've fabricated most of these features, but the machine itself just hasn't changed.  The new ones are no different than the old ones.  If I wanted, I could have an Inteliquilt computer system put on the machine.  My point earlier was just that.  You already have a platform to build on.  If you want any of these features, you can put them on the machine you already have.  You don't necessarily need a different machine in order to get any of these features.  Jim 

Archived