Horizontal channel lock not locking

The last couple of days my horizontal channel lock has been giving problems, now it has quit locking altogether.  Of course it happened as I'm doing a piano key border.  Sure do miss not having it.

I have a 2009 Millie with Bliss.

Does anyone have ideas for an easy fix or is this a tech call to APQS?

Thanks in advance!

Pat

Pat, you could use your compressor or canned air to blow out the mechanism that rides along your back Bliss rail - there might be lint or threads lodged up in there.  If that doesn't free it up, give the Service Dept. a call - they're great at handling this kind of stuff over the phone!

The horizontal locks are problematic on the Bliss rails. The grip is weak and will let go and ratchet (chatter on the rails) with little effort.

Dawn sent me instructions to fix mine, so email her with the problem.

Mine didn't hold at all at first and only erratically after the adjustment. My Millie has just been tuned up and is heading home--- that was on my list of things for them to adjust. We couldn't figure out if the solenoid was bad or if the whole system was just a bad fit with the round rail.

I did use the air compressor to clean the back rail area and the horizontal lock started working again.  Whether it will hold when doing repetitive locks, we'll see.

Thanks to you both Barb and Linda!  I'll send Dawn an e-mail so I have instructions if it quits working again.  I have noticed a time or two a while back where the lock didn't hold, but then it started working again and was fine.  I guess it's one of those "quirks" with Bliss we just need to know how to fix.  I sure wouldn't give up the Bliss system though!

Archived