Today is my Mother's 78th birthday. Her name is Dorothy. I am an only child and we have shared 55 years together. I feel so blessed today. My Mother has been loving and patient thru all stages of my life. She has loved me unconditionally and encouraged me by her faith in me. My Mother taught me to sew when I was just a small child. I can still hear her scissors cutting out my dress patterns on the kitchen table and the sound of the treadle sewing machine. Look where her daughter is today, sewing and making a little money at it. Mom's eyesight is failing and she has degeneration in her back which prevents her from doing things she used to do. So a prayer goes up for you Mom. Thank you, thank you, thank you Mom, you are leaving quite a sewing legacy in your daughter.

I love you - Happy Birthday.

Your daughter - Sharon

Sharon,

What a wonderful, loving birthday tribute for your mom.

My mom is 84 and no longer able to sew though she did the same for me.

We are blessed aren't we.

Hope you mother has a wonderful birthday and that you are able to spend time together.

Alyn

Sharon,

That is a beautiful tribute to your mom. I am sitting here crying. My mother did the same for me. Sat, St. Patty's Day, would have been her 73rd Birthday. Instead today is the 4th anniversary of her passing. I just wish she could see what I am doing today, and know how much fun I am having. I'm sure she is watching over me, but it would have been so nice to share this with her.

Take Care,

Patty

Okay Patty, now I'm crying. Moms are just special and I know as well as I"m typing this that your Mom is seeing exactly what you are doing and is so very, very proud of you. I will enjoy a night out with Mom and Dad tonight. We're going out for catfish - Mom's favorite dinner!

Let's plan on a dinner out ourselves at MQS okay!

Keep stitch'in for MOM!

Sharon.

How wonderful Sharon. My mom is 91 and still visits the quilt shops with me. She loves every quilt that I make. I named my machine after her " Dotty". My mom started a quilt back in 1937 which is cartoon characters that she drew on potatoe sacks. She made a pair of slacks to match, cute at 16 years of age. Anyhow I am now trying finishing up the quilt before she passes on. I just want her to see it finished.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca

CottageQuilts210@aol.com

Archived