Black Metallic Thread - Pictures to Share?

Just curious if anyone has any pictures to share of black metallic thread used on a quilt?  It's pricey and I was hoping to see what it might look like ahead of time!!  I see Glide has some and so does Superior Threads.  I've got a quilt with a ton of black negative space...toying with the idea of black thread for the quilting but maybe using metallic for some sparkle...or does it not sparkle like other metallics?  

Thanks!

Thank you Debbie!  I have used Sigma but have yet to try Metro - I didn't like that Sigma was very stiff - wondering if Metro is also stiff?

I am a big fan of Glide but not necessarily looking for that kind of sheen - I'm actually going to use a Bottom Line black for textural quilting but I want to do some scrolls and feathers in metallic for more sparkle...but I am worried about using something too highly contrasting and have it look gaudy/unbalanced.  Know what I mean?  I was thinking using either black metallic or a smoky dark gray metallic...maybe I'll just have to buy it and try it out?  I know a lot of you ladies have used metallics before on your long arm and I would love to see the results.  This quilt is going into a show and so I really have to use some restraint but yet - make it fancy enough to be show worthy!

ALSO - do you use a different needle for a metallic on your long arm?  I use a metallic needle on my domestic...but not sure what to use on my APQS.

Valerie, check out Superior's website for their needle & tension recommendations; it will give you a pretty good idea.

http://www.superiorthreads.com./media/docs/longarm-reference-guide.pdf

And here is Filtech's. I bet most sites will give you their recommendations for their threads.

http://www.bobbincentral.com/embroidery/top-thread/glisten.html#tab-container-1

Lisa

Pat - thank you!!!!  This is for one of my own quilts...I have an idea of what I want to do but I haven't done a lot with specialty threads so I'm always a bit nervous!  I went ahead and put an order in today - and of course I was shopping around and found more thread that I'm interested in trying...ahhh!

Lisa - thanks!  I'm not really looking for specs or tension info - just wanted to see pictures of how black in particular stitches up!  I will check regarding the needle!  Thanks for taking the time!  That might really help someone reading too!!   :)

Archived