I am finished a customers quilt...A little story behind this I was the organizer at our guild to do a quilt I chose a floating churn dash block,using Kansas troubles line of fabric. There were several blocks made and was ready to put the quilt together I had one more person that wanted to be involved , she  brought 6 blocks  (I had 6 extra) anyway I put the quilt together and drew a name of the winner of this top. It was the last lady that gave me the blocks...She was over the moon. At the next meeting she approached me and said since I had organized the project she wanted me to quilt it. I am not very comfortable with custom but she did not want an edge to edge design.I fretted for a while and doodled allot then threw it on the frame the day I read Ann post on" It is ok to draw feathers" and that was what was holding me back. so I did feathers in the corners some CC's in the flying geese in the border,SID around the churn dash and feather buds( that is what I called the designs in the churn dash and my worms in the sashing. Does anybody have a name for the design I did in the sashing? thanks for looking and have a great Day

post-63431-0-43578700-1426005975_thumb.jpg 

Looks great, Terry! Your worms are perfect! Did you mark them?

No I did not mark the worms they were sooo easy make curve bumps on the top the length of the sashing then make bumps back below them coming up in the middle of the  curves. This will be my go to sashing fun and easy. You have to try it Vickie

Archived