Can This be Repaired

Okay All You Repair People

I have a Millie L Size Bobbin Case that has "sprung" it's tensions spring.  I am not talking about the little thing inside under the bobbin,  I am talking about the thing that lint gets under and you control with the tension screw.  I have one that seems to have been "sprung" for lack of a better word.  I could not get my tension set today so I did the business card check for lint and it was full so I cleaned it out but it will not go back in place is there a way to fix this or do I just toss it.  I had a new one and started using it but hate to throw this away if I can fix it. 

Also does anyone know if when APQS comes to shows do they bring things like that with them to sell.  If so they are do here in a couple of weeks and I won't have to pay shipping.

Mary

Mary

Sometimes when you clean the lint out you can pop the tip of the spring out of place,  The tip should fall into the hole so try to gently move the tip toward the hole.  If the spring is actually bent you can undo both screws (pay attention I believe they are not the same) and  put a little bend in the spring and replace the screws.  I've done this on domestic machines.  I am not sure if APQS sells the spring but I believe Ray at Quilt Tech has them.  https://quilttech.com/product-category/bobbin-cases-hook/ At least the L cases are less than $12.00.

Nigel

Mary,

Bring it with you to the show and we'll look at it in the booth. :) If you want to order one to have it waiting on you at the booth just call the factory. Do it soon, though, you need to get it on the truck before it starts winding its way to Paducah. :) We don't bring notions like that to shows but if you order ahead of time you can swing by and snag it when you come! 

Archived