Can I use these Needles??

I am new to long arm quilting an this machine and don't want to mess up. I recently placed an online order for needles and I purchased 100 Singer MR4.5 instead of MR4.0. Can I use the 4.5 and what type of fabric/batting would you use them for.

Help please, I hate to think I won't be able to use them.

Thanks for your input:cool:

In 10 years as professional quilters we have never used 4.5's.

We normally use 3.5's although it is recommended to use 4.0 and that is what is shipped with APQS machines. We stock 3.5's and 4.0's. When you are first starting it is probably better to use 4.0's because they do not flex as much as the thinner 3.5's and beginning quilters tend to over drive their machines and the 4.0 is more forgiving. Less broken needles.

John

Thanks John

I sent an e-mail to Columbia River supply asking to swao needles. I hope they dont mind. Dont know why I thought I needed 4.5's, just didnt pay attention I guess. I still dont have the rear carriage wheels for my Freedom. Who know's, maybe I'll just send the whole thing back, at this point I am very disappointed in APQS. I should be quilting, not sitting here wishing I was quilting. My money is gone since March 13, got the machine March 23, but no wheels. I hope they come before Easter weekend, or I'll pack it all up and ship it back.

Sorry for the rant,I am just sad. Thanks for your input re needles.

I had to send my carriage wheels back and they sent mine right out, I had them something like the next day. Have you talked to them to see when you can expect them? Normally, APQS is very good about getting you what you need. Don't get discouraged, they are the best company to work with. Hang in there.

Mary Beth

Thanks Mary Beth

APQS send them out last Tuesday, they arrived in Canada last Friday, so now by the time they make it through the canadia postal system, who knows. Ya I wont send it all back, but it better all work like a charm when I finally et it all together. Right!

Have a nice day

Hello Cher,

I live in a little place called Big River, its 2.5 hrs NW os Saskatoon, or 1.5 hrs W of Prince Albert. We moved here from Calgary, An about 4 years ago. Its peacefull, quiet and friendly, but shopping and delivery services suck.

However, its a nice trade off. We have 12 acres and lots of trees and my puppies think they have gone to heaven. I have a 14 year old mix TerryPoo and a 11 year old Chinese Crested Powderpuff.

Just retired from long haul truck driving and turning my hobby into a home business.

I just talked to Monika, and all is well. Her machine is up and running, and humming along. All it takes is for one person to lose their focus when packing little parts for shipping, and you have one very disappointed, anxious quilter at the other end of the line. :(

But we're all human, and mistakes do happen. I hope our customers can be forgiving of us when we mess up! ;) And we WILL mess up! Because we're human too. Yes, even me. :P LOL

Once the "birth pains" of getting a machine up & running are over, the lttle hassles fade and only the joy of doing what you love to do remains. At least that's my hope! :cool:

Well Darlene,

You are right...I feel better, just got my zippers on all by myself! I did darn good, they are straight and I stitched two rows on each zipper (just hope I got the right zipper on the right leader on the right way lol)

Trying to figutre out now how to put my practice sandwich on and I'll be going to it! Freedom purrs like a kitten...runs smooth and sounds great.

Archived